OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I was thinking the same thing myself. Going to swap the two sides and see what happens if the Forscan changes dont work.

I know there's no way to split it in the programming I was thinking maybe the BCM was confused by the programming I had to make the parking lights stay on while also having the diodes wired up. I guess we will see. I'll try the Forscan stuff tomorrow and if not swap the harnesses this weekend.
@ahl395 Any luck getting the headlight to settle down?
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
@ahl395 Any luck getting the headlight to settle down?
I reset all the Forscan stuff, didnt fix it. Unplugged the pigtail and it worked fine plugged in regularly. I didn't feel like going through swapping them because I'm pretty sure its the problem. I emailed CJ Pony parts and theyre sending me out a replacement and I'll do the labor when I swap them out to send the bad ones back. That way I only have to get under there once.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I'm having trouble following this thread for the Opt7 arrows, I have the issue that they do not properly sequence without the headlights on. I'd like to fix them... Is there a write up somewhere that I can follow from start to finish? I'd also rather not mess with forscan

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I'm having trouble following this thread for the Opt7 arrows, I have the issue that they do not properly sequence without the headlights on. I'd like to fix them... Is there a write up somewhere that I can follow from start to finish? I'd also rather not mess with forscan
There is not a standalone start to finish thread..yet...might be a good idea to create one when I get some time.

In the meantime, for a completely reversible no wire tap on the car (you'll have to cut a wire on the OPT7's) you will need the diode dynamics DRL Harness (~$45US) and a vehicle towing diode pack (~$25US). These are the little gizmos that were designed for setting up a vehicle to be towed by an RV and to use the towed vehicles tail-lights to mirror the RV's taillights. But they will work just fine for us too. (The above parts are both sold as pairs.)

Unplug the headlight assembly connector and install the DD harness between it and the headlight.

Cut the green wire on the OPT7 between its connector and the light fixture. This should be the parking light wire, I assume that it is still green. Some of the trailer diode packs tap the wires directly, others require quick connects to be installed on the ends of the OPT7 wire you just cut.

Plug the take-off wire (used to be purple) from the DD harness and connect it to the side of the diode pack that has two connections, either is fine.

Connect the CAR SIDE of the recently cut OPT7 wire (the side closest to the connector) to the remaining connection on the side of the trailer diode pack that had two (next to the DD harness connection above).

The remaining single connector side of the trailer diode pack is connected to the OPT7 side of the cut wire (closest to the OPT7 light fixture).

Note that the green wire on the OPT7 which is cut can get pretty short/tight when trying to stick the diode pack in, you might need to extend it a bit.

Due to the weight of the diode pack, I recommend securing it to something with a zip tie or tape so that it doesn't bounce around and stress the connections or wires... (if possible)

Rinse and repeat for the other side of the car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Navlag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I have the diode dynamic switchbacks. I've had them for a long while, however recently I had this issue with the right side of the car DRL not working. The taillight on the right DRL is not working. However when I brake, it illuminates. Same thing with the front turn signal. The switchback when unlocking or turning will turn amber but when the light is supposed to go back to white. it stays off. However the whole left side works perfectly fine. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Does it go back to normal with the regular light bulbs?

Rumors of similar issues is why I didn't get the switchbacks. Perhaps someone that has had the issue is still watching the thread and can chime in.
Sponsored