The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hey all-

Got my car Friday and installed my map lights and reverse light earlier today. Trunk, vanity, glovebox and switchbacks are still on the docket.

Worked as easy as the videos suggest on the map lights.

The reverse light- you can't see from Paul's install video but the proper angle to get it locked in is slightly upward from parallel to the ground. I fought with it for 10 minutes before tilting it up. Easy to lock in place after doing that.

I'll update with more info when I've done the other installs. I'll try to answer questions if anyone has any. Hopefully our friends at DD will assist if I can't :)
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Congrats! I've done all of the Diode Dynamics LEDs in mine and love them! The only install I struggled with was the glove compartment.

OP
OP

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Jbailer- any tips for the glovebox install?

OP
OP

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Grabbed a beer and did the rest minus switchbacks. Too little daylight and not enough space on each side of the car.

Trunk- if you're facing into the trunk, the clip to release is on the left. Nice light now but not overpowering.

Glovebox- no appreciable difference from what I could see but the color is nice and matches the rest.

Vanity lights- hate this very much. The directions didn't assist much- I found a better guide online in a video where the mirror part was removed to allow easier installation of the LEDs. Spent twenty minutes fighting to that point- after that, was dead easy to finish. Maybe five min a side.

yensid315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost PP
Installing the switchbacks is a breeze and I've already done the install twice (once for the original set and once for the rebased set). Trick is to turn the steering wheel all the way to opposite lock and then move enough of the wheel well trim away to get your hand in there. I was able to get both my arms in there and it takes about 2 minutes per side!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the late reply Andrew, I just got saw this. I'm glad you got through the glove box install. I really couldn't offer any advice there anyways. It just took a lot of patience and fingers half my size would've been nice. Like said above, the switchbacks were a piece of cake. Just follow the instructions and ensure the pins on the bulb are straight (mine were) so there are no issues when you get them in there.

OP
OP

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Cool- I'll give it a whirl tonight and report back. Would it be helpful having someone pull/hold the trim back or does it kind of hold its shape?

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
DD goes through the full install instructions here http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12168

The glove box video helped me do mine pretty easily, in case anybody else needs help.

As for the switchbacks, they are really easy to do by yourself. Just make sure they are fully set in the socket before you put them back in. They are a real pain to get out of the housing manually.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, a second person would be in the way. I just left my lights dangle to test then reseated.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for the review!

We've also put helpful installation videos together for nearly every location on the 2015+ Mustang on our YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/diodedynamics/featured

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Sponsored
OP
OP

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Got stuck at work late and won't have much daylight - pushing install back to tomorrow.

OP
OP

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ended up doing the install- works as expected. The pushpins don't hold much anymore so I may need an alternative if someone has got one.

The clean and bright look is amazing- would recommend.

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black
I did the backup camera map lights switchbacks and low beams. The switchbacks and 6k bulbs are a very good match. The 6k definitely have a noticeable blue tint. Although the install was a complete pain in the ass. The switch backs are probably my favorite. The brightness is great and it was nice to get rid of those amber stock bulbs in there
Sponsored