Sponsored

Difference in OEM splitters and belly pans.

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I am a bit confused on how many different splitters and belly pans are available from the factory. Standard, GT, GT Performance, EB Performance, CS... Are there any more? What is the difference in these and which belly pans work with each?
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been discussed. If so can someone just share a link to the thread as I could not find anything.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Bump

I'd like to know as well (even though I have an EB Prem. w/PP)

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I'll take a stab at this.
3 Splitters are Standard (thin profile), Performance Pack (larger profile), and California Special (larger profile).

Performance Pack splitter requires the PP belly pan, and different fender liners.

CaliSpecial splitter is chosen when you want the PP style splitter, but have the standard belly pan, because it bolts right up.

Here are some thread for further research:
GT PP Splitter and Belly Pan Install
Installing true PP belly pan and true PP splitter

Ordered PP lip and belly pan
Includes brake chute mod

PP Belly Pan Help**

California Special Splitter Install

OP
OP
Dadsreward

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I'll take a stab at this.
3 Splitters are Standard (thin profile), Performance Pack (larger profile), and California Special (larger profile).

Performance Pack splitter requires the PP belly pan, and different fender liners.

CaliSpecial splitter is chosen when you want the PP style splitter, but have the standard belly pan, because it bolts right up.

Here are some thread for further research:
GT PP Splitter and Belly Pan Install
Installing true PP belly pan and true PP splitter

Ordered PP lip and belly pan
Includes brake chute mod

PP Belly Pan Help**

California Special Splitter Install
Thanks for the info! Where does the EB with performance package fit in with this? I originally thought it had the same splitter/belly pan as the GT with performance package, but my understanding now is that is not the case. Would the California Special splitter be a direct bolt on or is a new belly pan required?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The California Special splitter is a bigger profile but does not look the same as the PP spliter, which has a sort of vertical part on each side where it ends in front of the wheel. Frankly the CS splitter looks better, IMHO. Why Ford opted for 3 separate splitters baffles me.

EB PP does not have the GT PP splitter, at least not on any I've seen. Therefore you'd get the CS splitter if you wanted a bigger splitter. Call Levittown - they have a CS and a PP package you can buy. Or contact them on this forum.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thanks for the info! Where does the EB with performance package fit in with this? I originally thought it had the same splitter/belly pan as the GT with performance package, but my understanding now is that is not the case. Would the California Special splitter be a direct bolt on or is a new belly pan required?
After you read the threads I referenced, you will learn that the PP belly pan does not use the rubber strip, has an access cover for the oil filter, and has two scallops to direct air to the inside of the wheels for brake cooling.

I am installing the CS splitter, and skipping the cost of the belly pan and fender liners.
Sponsored