Sponsored

Diff bolts breaking. Is this a problem with OEM bushings?

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I noticed some threads about rear diff bolt shearing off. Is this a problem only when diff bushing inserts or lock outs are used?

Will lethal extreme diff bolts work with OEM bushings OR are they useless for a 99% street driven bolt on car?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if you like to dump the clutch and get wheel hop your diff bolts will eventually break. You can break them with just an EB.

Get the BMR/Lethal/LMR bolt kit with the 'fixit' collar.

By significantly reducing freedom of motion the various lockout kits accomplish the same results, just with a LOT more gear noise. The best answer IMO is the total bushing replacement kit from WhiteLine but effort/time to install and it is not silent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
if you like to dump the clutch and get wheel hop your diff bolts will eventually break. You can break them with just an EB.

Get the BMR/Lethal/LMR bolt kit with the 'fixit' collar.

By significantly reducing freedom of motion the various lockout kits accomplish the same results, just with a LOT more gear noise. The best answer IMO is the total bushing replacement kit from WhiteLine but effort/time to install and it is not silent.
I don't think I've attempted to dump the clutch in this car yet. Pointless if you do nothing but spin.

I have the stop the hop steeda kit on the car and then all the suspension stuff going on the car this summer. PP toe links, FRPP toe knuckle bearings, superpro poly LCA bushings.

I thought only lethal had a through dift bolt fix. BMR and steeda have one also? Do they work with the OEM diff bushings or only aftermarket? I don't want to add any NVH with aftermarket diff bushings with the car I haul the family in if you know what I mean.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought only lethal had a through dift bolt fix. BMR and steeda have one also?
yes, all the "bolt kits" work with Ford's miserable excuse of a bushing.
Sponsored