The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that build times seem to be coming right down in duration.
Clearing order books of export cars so they can mass produce the MY18s for the domestic market before slowly ramping up the export market MY18s.
Sponsored

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Status has changed to "delivered from" with today's date on it. Do I understand correctly that my car has arrived to Southampton today? :clap2:

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Collectiing mine on friday :D EXCITED!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Status has changed to "delivered from" with today's date on it. Do I understand correctly that my car has arrived to Southampton today? :clap2:
Either it's in soton, or it's been booked on, judging as it's Tuesday, probably been booked on, be there Saturday. But ford may have ramped up process and booking up more ships

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Hi,
Karen Batt at Ford UK told me roughly three months from build to delivery, that was 18 months ago. My car made it from a build date of late Feb 2016 to me picking it up in early May 2016.
Looking back, it took just under three weeks to officially get to Baltimore Docks. Then a while to be accepted by Wallenius Wihelmsen to be shipped over to Zeebrugge.
I don't know if this helps you at all?

Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
Hi,
Karen Batt at Ford UK told me roughly three months from build to delivery, that was 18 months ago. My car made it from a build date of late Feb 2016 to me picking it up in early May 2016.
Looking back, it took just under three weeks to officially get to Baltimore Docks. Then a while to be accepted by Wallenius Wihelmsen to be shipped over to Zeebrugge.
I don't know if this helps you at all?
Thank you mines not appeared to have left Detroit for six weeks now! Not sure what's going on unfortunately. I can deal with the time it's the not knowing I hate... just have some customer service... the reason it's not moved is x or y don't just keep quiet...

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
My car is officially in UK :D
I called a dealer and he said that it has to go through import checks etc. and it can take up to a month :eyebulge:
Unfortunately it's out of his control he said, and he has to wait until status changes to "in transit" (what means that the car is on its way to dealership) :(
Is there anything I can do to speed the process up? I've got holiday booked in three weeks and I would really prefer to collect it before.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Thank you mines not appeared to have left Detroit for six weeks now! Not sure what's going on unfortunately. I can deal with the time it's the not knowing I hate... just have some customer service... the reason it's not moved is x or y don't just keep quiet...
Have you tried Deysha? [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] (she's in the US)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My car is officially in UK :D
I called a dealer and he said that it has to go through import checks etc. and it can take up to a month :eyebulge:
Unfortunately it's out of his control he said, and he has to wait until status changes to "in transit" (what means that the car is on its way to dealership) :(
Is there anything I can do to speed the process up? I've got holiday booked in three weeks and I would really prefer to collect it before.
Firstly, what a swap of cars (I3 to V8)

secondly, yes, yes there is, speak to Karen and Stacey on the Mustang email address, ask them to prioritise it, it takes a day for it to come. That being said, if speculation is true, a lot of shadow packs are being delivered atm and ford have bought a load for stock cars, so depends how priority works on the backend, but a customer wanting the car more than ford who will then have to sell it, deffo should come first. :crazy:

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Yep - emailed 3 times over the last 3 weeks and not a single reply...
Get Karen's phone number from [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] , this is crazy. They could probably ship one from stock in the U.K. right now. I know it wouldn't be your build but something must have gone wrong.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Get Karen's phone number from [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] , this is crazy. They could probably ship one from stock in the U.K. right now. I know it wouldn't be your build but something must have gone wrong.
Yeah i can help on that i guess lol ;)!

What is the exact spec of your car, as by now, i'd be going for a cancelled/stock order if it's a fairly common spec.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just an FYI, but FordService (Deysha & co - US based) are no longer on this forum or any other forums for that matter :(

Hopefully Karen (UK based) can help you out.

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i can help on that i guess lol ;)!

What is the exact spec of your car, as by now, i'd be going for a cancelled/stock order if it's a fairly common spec.
It's a Premium GT in Shadow Black with all the extras.

I had an email from Karen yesterday apologising as she has been on leave for 2 weeks and saying that the car is in "Quality Hold". I'm not sure what this means but she told me it was normal...

Car was built 42 days ago - and still hasn't moved...
Sponsored