Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Great... I'm going down the Ford free repair route before paying for a 3rd party to do it.
Good luck with that. Seems most successful claims have been dealer initiatives. Once you involve Ford corporate they will close ranks and tell you it's fine. I'd rather they fixed the oil cooler issues.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I don't think the undersealing in Zeebrugge is done because it "needs" it, I think it's only done for tax reasons. Remember, these cars aren't done for the US market, so you have to ask yourself,"Do they really need it"? Most cars aren't indersealed these days, the metal treatment and coatings technology is awesome.

Paul S Lawrence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Interesting shout... but many Americans are getting it done personally (if you look at the US forums), and it is required for North America and Canada.
I'd rather be safe than signs of corrosion in a few years.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting shout... but many Americans are getting it done personally (if you look at the US forums), and it is required for North America and Canada.
I stand corrected. I hadn't realised it was mandatory in NA and CAN.

It makes me wonder then, " Why do they not make it mandatory for Europe then"? OR.... do the Americans think Zeebrugge are doing a proper job and paying them respectively??

I have 2 GT86's and they have no underseal other than a splash in the back of the front wheel arches and on the rear suspension, again, applied in europe. I expect it's another tax dodge?

Last edited:

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
How do you mean "required". Ford UK are treating the bits that rust on Mustangs which are the suspension components and the diff housing; that may also conveniently allow for a tax dodge of completing the cars in Europe. Mustangs manufactured for Trumptown and Canadia are not undersealed. S197s imported into this country don't rust underneath (except on those components mentioned above) unless damaged. Which is where I would completely agree that an all weather or daily driver in this country should have underseal because it will get damaged by winter grit etc. Mine will live in the garage and is not a daily driver so I'm happy with the clean underside and will have it inspected by Ford every year until they have to pay out on the corrosion warranty. I'd love to know if any dealers have had their underseal remediation reimbursed by Ford warranty.

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What was the cost of the Rapture underseal and what was Fords Response as to their warranty now that you had a 3rd party do the work correctly? as Maybe they could void any corrosion claims I guess .

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
What was the cost of the Rapture underseal and what was Fords Response as to their warranty now that you had a 3rd party do the work correctly? as Maybe they could void any corrosion claims I guess .
Raptor process at www.modurstang.co.uk is ÂŁ450 plus VAT but it takes a whole day as they remove the exhaust and a lot of other parts to get good coverage. Regarding the Ford warranty no need to worry because with Raptor there will be NO corrosion.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I stand corrected. I hadn't realised it was mandatory in NA and CAN.

?
it is not
Mine is Canadian Spec, they used to underseal Canadian cars, not anymore, the Yanks don't worry about underseal in their harsh weather
Its weird that Ford even bother to underseal the cars, as their is no written text that says they will do

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Raptor process at www.modurstang.co.uk is ÂŁ450 plus VAT but it takes a whole day as they remove the exhaust and a lot of other parts to get good coverage. Regarding the Ford warranty no need to worry because with Raptor there will be NO corrosion.
yep, that is what I had done, its the best you can have, stones and stuff just bounce off of it, and its a DD and left outside in all weathers

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had confirmation that my blue beauty is leaving on Weds via the "Figaro".

Now I'm getting anxious!!

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Wooo Hooooo. Just updated to delivered from. Getting nearer!!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Yup. That means our cars will be here in a few hours right?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
No think it just means we've been assigned a ship? Not sure which one. Think the ship leaves on Friday.

Manders?