Sponsored

Detail Spray

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
I have been using PS Beadmaker and while it does a nice job, the car becomes a dust magnet. Would like something that can be used during the drying and not attract dust.
Sponsored

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
So many views but no replies. Okay I’ll bite. Get a white or silver car instead. That should do the trick.

All kidding aside, I also like Bead Maker but that’s really a sealant. If you wash your car as much as I do and constantly use Bead Maker as the drying agent it will start to look cloudy with multiple layers. I try to use Bead Maker only periodically, after chemical or mechanical decontamination if needed. (Iron remover/clay bar). But that applies to any sealant, wax or coating.

In regards to drying agents, some will argue you’re drying your car wrong but I don’t want to hear that.

I’ve always liked Adams detail spray for a detail spray and/or drying agent. My favorite drying agent is probably Ammo Hydrate but that can get a little expensive after a while. And I’d recommend first using Ammo Skin if you use Hydrate. But again, Ammo Skin is a sealant and Hydrate has a bit of sealant in it to rejuvenate it. Great stuff though. If you want a cheap alternative drying agent try Turtle Wax ‘Wax and Dry’. I can’t believe I’m saying Turtle Wax but they’ve really seemed to up their game lately.

My wife’s SUV is black so I feel your pain. I keep saying no more black cars but they look so good when they’re clean for about 2 minutes. Best of luck. :beer:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've never heard of any spray that actually repels dust - would be nice to have but unlikely. I suspect you're just seeing the dust more. I use a California Duster when it's just dust that needs to be removed - works like a charm (let the tips do the dusting, don't mash it down on the paint and start wiping).

OP
OP

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
So many views but no replies. Okay I’ll bite. Get a white or silver car instead. That should do the trick.

All kidding aside, I also like Bead Maker but that’s really a sealant. If you wash your car as much as I do and constantly use Bead Maker as the drying agent it will start to look cloudy with multiple layers. I try to use Bead Maker only periodically, after chemical or mechanical decontamination if needed. (Iron remover/clay bar). But that applies to any sealant, wax or coating.

In regards to drying agents, some will argue you’re drying your car wrong but I don’t want to hear that.

I’ve always liked Adams detail spray for a detail spray and/or drying agent. My favorite drying agent is probably Ammo Hydrate but that can get a little expensive after a while. And I’d recommend first using Ammo Skin if you use Hydrate. But again, Ammo Skin is a sealant and Hydrate has a bit of sealant in it to rejuvenate it. Great stuff though. If you want a cheap alternative drying agent try Turtle Wax ‘Wax and Dry’. I can’t believe I’m saying Turtle Wax but they’ve really seemed to up their game lately.

My wife’s SUV is black so I feel your pain. I keep saying no more black cars but they look so good when they’re clean for about 2 minutes. Best of luck. :beer:
Thanks. I love punishment as I have 2 black cars and black F150 .

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
AUTO FANATIC 007
Great stuff! Great as a topper for waxes and ceramic coatings as well as a stand alone. Use when the car is wet as a drying aide or use alone. I use it as a stand alone after I give the car an Adam's waterless wash.

Sponsored

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
AUTO FANATIC 007
Great stuff! Great as a topper for waxes and ceramic coatings as well as a stand alone. Use when the car is wet as a drying aide or use alone. I use it as a stand alone after I give the car an Adam's waterless wash.
I’ve been wanting to try his products as well, especially that detail spray. He’s got some good informative videos too. Okay twist my arm, buying some on amazon now. :thumbsup:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

coolcobramatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special vert
Chemical Guys Synthetic Spray Detailer or V07, I also use Lucas Spray Wax.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I’ve been wanting to try his products as well, especially that detail spray. He’s got some good informative videos too. Okay twist my arm, buying some on amazon now. :thumbsup:
HA HAAAAAAA
Good stuff man. I got mine from Amazon as well.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

AUTO FANATIC 007
Hmm....just a hunch, but does it smell like citrus fruit? It looks like the exact same color as Beadmaker.

Deleted member 35644

Yeah, this will be the third product I've come across with the exact same smell & color. Marketing....

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, this will be the third product I've come across with the exact same smell & color. Marketing....
Weird, huh?? lol
I hear great things about the Beadmaker as well. Great product.

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
AUTO FANATIC 007
Hmm....just a hunch, but does it smell like citrus fruit? It looks like the exact same color as Beadmaker.
Okay I just tried the Auto Fanatic 007 detail spray. Works great but man I swear that is Adams original detail spray in a different bottle. Exact same bubble gummish smell and ease of use is the same. I bet you cannot tell the difference blind folded. Not saying that’s a bad thing but you can save a couple bucks with Adams. It’s definitely not the same as Bead Maker though. Bead Maker has more of a citrus/mango smell which you mentioned. (Keep in mind Bead Maker is a sealant so that’s not apples to apples). All good stuff. Gonna try that Aero Cosmetics stuff next, heard good things about that as well.

I have a serious addiction to cleaning products but I’d imagine I’m not the only one. That’s one of the things I like about mustang owners. We keeps em clean! :beer:
Sponsored