Sponsored

Dealing w/ Dealer Finance Mgr - Please share your experiences

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
This is a shout-out to all of those who recently completed your Mustang purchase at a Ford Dealer. Please let us know the following: once in the finance office......
1. What add-on’s were you offered? Did you buy? price paid?
(Extended warranty, paint protection, service contract, tire protection, etc.)
2. If you financed, what rate and term did you get? (Please included the approx. date of your purchase).
3. Any advice or suggestions for those about to take the plunge.

Thank you for helping us understand what we may be offered and deals available.
Sponsored

Stroked89coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
S550
Advice?

Well...

Finance rate will be an auto enhanced Fico score. Really to many variables to calculate and will be based off of hundred of factors. I was offered Maintenance packages, Paint protection and interior protection.
Add on's such as maintenance paint protection ect. are ALWAYS negotiable. Usually in the 50% off range from quoted price. If you want more add on's I would shoot for more % off maybe 60%.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If you want the extended warranty through Ford makes sure it is actually through Ford and not a 3rd party company.

I way overpaid for a warranty and learned it was a 3rd party warranty. I wanted the extended Ford warranty but the finance person misrepresented (at best) what they were selling.

Look at Flood Ford for pricing for Fords extended warranty. You can buy it any time while still under factory warranty (3y/36k) and can buy from other Ford dealers. The only benefit day of purchase is you can put it in your finance package. If you plan on staying stock I'd suggest you get the extended warranty.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I said no to all and kept saying no so many times.... then finally I got everything declined and I could just drive home with the car. sales was excellent.... finance could not take no for an answer.... worst part was the maintenance packages show.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Finance guy came out and shocked. Since I was paying cash for car I thankfully did have much interaction with him. One thing I wanted was the Wheel & Tire hazard and he kept trying to sell me the triple.Since I have glass coverage and the ding warranty seemed useless he came back to me with $799 for 7yr W&T. I had come in with Floods pricing on ESP & PMP told him what I was willing to pay and he excused himself for a few minutes. Came back matching FF ESP price but was $200 higher on PMP. I put off purchasing ESP/PMP and told him I would purchase that next week. I also got him down to $650 for the W&T's. Since it was black Friday he asked that I pick the car up the next day. I was given the DMV fees and the total I needed to bring in the next day. 1pm appt and don't be late.
Saturday I get there @ 12:45 and of course I have to wait till 1:30 before he shows his face. Start signing away I get into argument with the guy since he wants me to sign a Lemon Law paper and explains it as my only recourse is if the car comes in 4x for the same problem. I tell him NY Law states 4x and/or 30 days in shop with no fix. I finally read what I'm signing and it does state 30 days also. I give him check thinking price he told me was the bottom line but no I still had to pay DMV fee which he said was approx. I still may owe more or get a slight refund.
I do have to deal with him again tho since I am at least going to buy a 7/100K extended warranty not sure on the PMP. Is it worth $1900 for 7yr service which includes 13 synthetic oil changes, wiper blades brakes & rotors etc. @ 7500mi increments?
From what he said And I'm not sure because I was paying car in full, FMC will finance the plans 4 years @ 0%. If true all those who say put it in car finance are wrong. Have dealer finance car in a separate transaction, especially for ESP why pay points on something that your not going to use for 3/36. Also go in with FF or Zeiglers pricing and negotiate the pricing on these plans.......get ready to hand the guy a handkerchief when he starts sobbing!
Zeigler will let you finance for 1yr, FF does not offer financing.

Sponsored

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium convertible
I didn’t and I won’t (deal with the finance guys).
Car was delivered to me and they drove my trade in back to the dealership - 80 miles each way.
Was kind of nice to just buy a car. Dealt from the start with the sales manager, I think he realized I wasn’t a fan of the usual song and dance.
Good luck with yours!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not finance, but the finance guy was the one that got a signature on a form that some of the fine print said the buyer could not take the dealer to court for basically anything and would settle things in arbitration. When it looked like it would take a bunch of time to force them to substitute a form without that, I decided to use the other fine print that said, I could rescind that in writing within x days. So I just sent a registered letter to that effect the next day. When I posted about that back in 2016, people said its the norm to make buyers agree to that. If they try that where you are buying, don't agree. You could still use arbitration if YOU want. Don't give up options.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I said no to all and kept saying no so many times.... then finally I got everything declined and I could just drive home with the car. sales was excellent.... finance could not take no for an answer.... worst part was the maintenance packages show.
This^
I've adopted this model of dealing with the finance office where I sit down and tell them to stop with any of that add-on BS and go right to the sales contract.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I got lucky in 2013 when I bought a Focus at Koons Ford in Falls Church, VA. I sent an email inquiry that happened to end up with their fleet sales manager. Every Ford I've bought since has been through him. He makes the deal, does the financing, paperwork, etc. all himself. His first offer is his best offer, no BS, no "checking with the manager". I have the deal completely made when I get there and it's 30 minutes after the test drive to out the door.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just let the guy talk, say no, and ask that the paperwork be printed as I have to leave. I've never gotten a hard sell kind of guy except at a Mercedes dealer, and I literally told the guy to "stop it or I'm leaving".

I do have a tendency to buy the wheel protection package if the vehicle has special wheels... but have never used that.

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
My sales manager was a stereotypical used care salesman. There were multiple glaring problems with my deal. Here are just a few: The car was shipped to me BEFORE the dealership ever received payment, delivered with DAMAGE, delivered with 87 miles instead of 2. Sales manager was belligerent and disrespectful once I had committed to the purchase. Thankfully, the dealership OWNER called me and promised to make things right and informed me that the sales manager no longer works for that establishment. This was after I filed complaints with both Ohio and Texas attorney general.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I had to tell the finance guy to STFU. He would not take no for an answer. I literally said "I dont want shit....NOTHING"

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Finance guys are usually the worst. I've actually stood up and started to walk out when they won't take no for an answer on the extended warranties. My favorite line is to tell them if the vehicle is that big of a piece of shit, I don't want it anymore. That will usually stop them cold.

I have to say, my experience at Thoroughbred Ford was like no other. Joe Ruth is the Finance Manager. My wife and I sat down with him. He asked if we were interested in Ford financing or any extended warranties. I said no one time. He says initial here, here, and here to show that we were offered but weren't interested. It took all of 30 seconds. We then start signing the papers to complete the sale, while he breaks out an old photo album of back in the day when he raced top alcohol dragsters. We probably talked racing and engines and custom motorcycles for 30-45 minutes. It was by far the best car buying experience I've ever had.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
The Finance guy from Koons tried to sell me everything under the sun. I didn't take any of it.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
You want a really good deal? as you negotiate the price of your car, hell as you walk the lot with the salesman start asking about added warranties, paint protection, interior protection I mean the whole bag. Let them know you really are interested in protecting your purchase. As you negotiate the price just low ball the shit out of them. They will probably get negative but then all those add ons you mentioned you wanted will sink in and they will realize they can go lower than they really wanted to. I bought a car doing this. I ended up getting 15% off msrp or 7.5% off invoice. Got into the finance guy who was just as giddy as a F boy in Thailand with all the brochures laid out and asked which ones do you want. I said well I thought about it and I don't want any of those things anymore. They were PISSED! salesman followed me out after purchase and said I thought I thought...lol you thought wrong B&^%.
Sponsored