BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Hey everyone,

I ordered a 2019 premium GT performance pack level 2 on 10/29/18. Called the dealership last week and spoke to my salesman and he said there's a production delay. Which I was expecting cause I know there is a supply issue with mangnaride and the gauge clusters. But then I called him again this week and asked if there was a VIN for it and he said there is an allocation issue with them shutting down for 2 weeks for the holidays and "that came from the gm of the dealership, he would know" and the car isn't scheduled to be built yet. They placed it as a dealer order and not a retail order but shouldn't I have a scheduled build date by now regardless of the issues? Seriously considering pulling my deposit and going to a different dealership.
Sponsored

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello. I ordered mine on 10/8/18. I still don't have a VIN. My dealer also ordered mine as a stock order.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
I ordered mine on Oct 25th and the dealer put in two orders, One plain jane PP2 Mustang and my premium PP2 mustang with recaros and fully loaded. They have a vin for the plain jane car and no vin for my order. I don't have any money down and am not in a hurry to get mine but my guy has kept updating me on the order and is trying to get answers. But I am not dealing with the sales manager or anyone at the dealership directly, I am dealing with an exec of a group of dealerships and he has been handling these two orders personally. But there is something going on with Ford and I can't even get a straight answer with my connects with Ford and I used to work at Ford in the Powertrain Engineering Group.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
They are having something slowing production from what I am seeing. My dealer gave me the highest priority he could and after 8 weeks, still no VIN. His dealership is mostly trucks, and they are 6-8 weeks for delivery. It may be more than one issue, or some item that the supplier cannot keep up with demand.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Hey everyone,

I ordered a 2019 premium GT performance pack level 2 on 10/29/18. Called the dealership last week and spoke to my salesman and he said there's a production delay. Which I was expecting cause I know there is a supply issue with mangnaride and the gauge clusters. But then I called him again this week and asked if there was a VIN for it and he said there is an allocation issue with them shutting down for 2 weeks for the holidays and "that came from the gm of the dealership, he would know" and the car isn't scheduled to be built yet. They placed it as a dealer order and not a retail order but shouldn't I have a scheduled build date by now regardless of the issues? Seriously considering pulling my deposit and going to a different dealership.
PP2 cars are delayed because Ford doesn’t build cars with sport cup 2 tires during the cold winter months. These tires easily crack at low temps. This is a liability issue for Ford so production on those cars will be delayed a couple of months. It’s very cold in Flat Rock during December, January and February. This is common knowledge and documented throughout this forum. Also, there is no problem with Magneride allocation. My Mustang is being produced on schedule including Magneride and the Gauges, Start to order delivery is looking like 13 weeks. Scheduled for delivery to the dealer January 18-25. You ordered your “Track Car” at the wrong time of year. Going with a different dealership won’t improve your delivery date, if anything, will only delay the order further. If you want your car more quickly, delete PP2. You could order a non-PP2 car but with Magneride and do the other mods yourself. Alternately, do a web chat with Ford performance. They can do a nationwide search for the specs you want. I bet you can find a car on the ground at a dealer with your specs or very close. I wish that I had done this when I ordered. I’m in Atlanta and about 6 weeks after I ordered I found a very acceptable car via ford performance chat on a lot in North Carolina that would have been just fine for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Oops, I hate it when that happens.

OP
OP
BigBeed

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I ordered mine on Oct 25th and the dealer put in two orders, One plain jane PP2 Mustang and my premium PP2 mustang with recaros and fully loaded. They have a vin for the plain jane car and no vin for my order. I don't have any money down and am not in a hurry to get mine but my guy has kept updating me on the order and is trying to get answers. But I am not dealing with the sales manager or anyone at the dealership directly, I am dealing with an exec of a group of dealerships and he has been handling these two orders personally. But there is something going on with Ford and I can't even get a straight answer with my connects with Ford and I used to work at Ford in the Powertrain Engineering Group.
Any update on your order? Still no vin for mine according to my dealer.

Vins III

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vins
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 GC - Ducati Diavel
Well, a Bullitt order done here in Germany last March 2018 still has got not VIN (!) but at least a confirmation that the car will be built. Hoping this is really the case....
The car is ordered with magneride, and I have read lot of stuff related to delays due to cold temperature (??), magneride and PP2 out of stock, etc...

Does anyone know a way on how to get information on the order status even not having a VIN yet? For example using the Ford sales order code ?

Thanks

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You should have gone to another dealer. Who are you working with now?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well, a Bullitt order done here in Germany last March 2018 still has got not VIN (!) but at least a confirmation that the car will be built. Hoping this is really the case....
The car is ordered with magneride, and I have read lot of stuff related to delays due to cold temperature (??), magneride and PP2 out of stock, etc...

Does anyone know a way on how to get information on the order status even not having a VIN yet? For example using the Ford sales order code ?

Thanks
Yes, Ford Performance Chat will tell you the status, however they will not give you the VIN#, but will tell you if it was assigned or not.

Sponsored

Vins III

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vins
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 GC - Ducati Diavel
Yes, Ford Performance Chat will tell you the status, however they will not give you the VIN#, but will tell you if it was assigned or not.
I was already in contact with them, but unfortunately they can only provide information on the US market.
That’s what I was told once I gave the dealer code..

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was already in contact with them, but unfortunately they can only provide information on the US market.
That’s what I was told once I gave the dealer code..
Ah ok, then just your dealer can give you that info.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
I got an update that my car will be built the begining of March and should have it in April

OP
OP
BigBeed

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Update:

I got a VIN from my salesman yesterday. When I check it on the tracking site it says my order date is 12/07/18 which is funny because that day was the first time I called to check the status of it after "placing my order" on 10/29/18.

Also it says in order processing with an estimated delivery date of 3/28/19 but doesn't have a build date. I though VIN's and build dates were set at the same time?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Update:

I got a VIN from my salesman yesterday. When I check it on the tracking site it says my order date is 12/07/18 which is funny because that day was the first time I called to check the status of it after "placing my order" on 10/29/18.

Also it says in order processing with an estimated delivery date of 3/28/19 but doesn't have a build date. I though VIN's and build dates were set at the same time?
Build week date won't show up on the tracker. You can get that from your dealer or Ford performance chat.

Sounds like your dealer sat on putting your in for a couple months. Which dealer was it?
Sponsored