Dealer recommendation - NNJ

Raffro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 911 Turbo, 2023 GMC Sierra, 2024 Volvo XC90
I just picked up a 2020 350R and I'm looking to have a once-over done on the car, maybe even and oil change, brake fluid flush, and recall performed (BCM for the brake light issue). Going forward I'll do my own oil changes, but thought it would be good to have this as a starting point.

Anyway, I'm in Northern NJ and I'm looking for a reputable dealer that has experience with Ford Performance vehicles. I live in Morris county but don't mind traveling a bit for a good shop.

Thanks!

and my goodness this car is addicting to drive....
Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Maplecrest in Mendham. They’ve serviced my Bullitt and I regularly see Cobras there. Always straightforward…

OP
OP

Raffro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Maplecrest in Mendham. They’ve serviced my Bullitt and I regularly see Cobras there. Always straightforward…
Ahh yes - forgot about them. I was thinking All American Ford in Paramus or Hackensack, but Mendham is closer and I have heard great things about them. Performance Ford is close too but I've heard mixed reviews - especially regarding Ford Performance (which you'd think they would be great given their name...). Thanks!

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ahh yes - forgot about them. I was thinking All American Ford in Paramus or Hackensack, but Mendham is closer and I have heard great things about them. Performance Ford is close too but I've heard mixed reviews - especially regarding Ford Performance (which you'd think they would be great given their name...). Thanks!

They broke so many interior pieces on my car, I would not be taking a 350R in for service. Yes they are a Roush and Quigley dealer but man did I have some fights with the service dept. I bought my car new from them and used to live a literal 3 minutes up the street.

I still have a broken and loose shift boot because the tech snapped the clips off. I had the a/c evaporator replaced there under warranty and when I picked the car up I found the snapped off clip as well as a random nut laying on my drivers floor mat. I walked back into the service dept and slapped them down on the desk asking why these were laying on the floor in my car.

I still have a rattle in the middle of my dash from that job as well as a ding in my PP dash trim.

They tried to blame my driveline vibration on tires over and over again after they put a new driveshaft in. Even after I put new tires on (because the factory Pzeros were shot in 12k) they still tried to claim it was a wheel or tire problem. I ended up having the driveshaft rebalanced at another dealer.

A recall is a recall, but beyond a recall or warranty work, don't use a dealer. Flat rate techs are incentivized to rush through jobs in order to get paid more, the dealer service centers are a miserable working place which does not promote quality work.

edit: Because I figure it'd be more helpful to give you a suggestion on where to actually go for a baseline on service versus just saying "F the dealers", I used to go down to an exotic indie shop right outside Bernardsville for anything I couldn't do myself like state inspections or tire mount/balance jobs. New Vernon Coach & Motor (960 Mt Kemble Ave, New Vernon, NJ 07976). They're about 15min from where Maplecrest is. The owner is a straight shooter/no bullshit type mechanic, can be very blunt but I personally don't find that to be a problem. I used to bring my M5 and Marauder down there for state emissions since I didn't trust the state to touch my cars. He also pulled a nail and plugged a tire in my moms bmw x5 for free which was real nice of them.

Every time I went to that shop they had interesting cars in the lot, for a long time they were working on a Vector W8 getting it back to safe driving condition. I haven't been there since I lived in NJ but if I was still in the area I'd still be using them for sure.

Last edited:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Stay away from Performance Ford in East Hanover.

OP
OP

Raffro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I completely agree. I’m not a dealer guy either but I thought it would be good for the car in terms of records in an effort to mitigate any potential powertrain warranty issues. My 2020 R only has 4k miles. Original owner changed the oil 3 times but obviously the dealer doesn’t have a record of that. So my thought was to have a dealer change it, log it, maybe even quick once-over as well to have that recorded. Once the powertrain is up (10/25) then Indy only for anything I can’t do.

I wouldn’t use performance ford - ever….

How’s All American in Paramus or Hackensack?
Sponsored