Sponsored

Dealer motor tear down for BBQ tick

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
Update: Talked to the service manager this morning. Dealership is pushing to get out of the buy back and go for a replacement vehicle (of course.. dealership doesn't want a buy-back on their hands). Told him absolutely not until Ford tells me the issue and has a solution, along with build dates/lots affected and 100% prove the replacement vehicle would have a fix. With no answer to that, I'm still going the buy-back route. There's been a delay in the buy-back approval from the Ford customer case manager, I think because of the service manager input. Was also told that I might be subject to having to pay out of pocket for a loaner/rental vehicle. I said i'll need to speak to my lawyer.

Going to go over the service manager and speak to the dealership owner. Seems that the case is at a stall.. i'm about out of patience.

Also- I asked what did Ford find as for a root cause for my engine ticking. They ended up finding metal shavings in the oil pan. Claimed that it was because of bad machining on the block. That's all I could get out of him. I'll try to pry more details out of him later..
I just started my buyback claim today. Found metal shavings in my cylinders last night, waiting for my oil kit to come in so i can send it out to blackstone labs.
Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
You’d think if it was bad machining of the block they’d have a damn fix by now!

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You’d think if it was bad machining of the block they’d have a damn fix by now!

Not necessarily bad machining, as all dimensions and tolerances may be just fine. However, the automated flushing machine process may not be doing as good a job as it's supposed to. The block is partially flushed during machining by the mill itself. Then, it goes to another robot machine that connects a high pressure jig to it, and pumps a ton of flushing fluids with a cleanser through the block to flush out any leftover milling swarf.

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well considering that i am well past my break in period, and on the third oil change, finding metal should not be happening. I also just checked the catch can and have metallic glitter in it. Never really looked too hard when changing the oil as it looked pretty good during changes, however draining 10 qts into a pan is hardly a worthy inspection. Seeing it in the can though, makes me wonder what i may have missed when draining.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well considering that i am well past my break in period, and on the third oil change, finding metal should not be happening. I also just checked the catch can and have metallic glitter in it. Never really looked too hard when changing the oil as it looked pretty good during changes, however draining 10 qts into a pan is hardly a worthy inspection. Seeing it in the can though, makes me wonder what i may have missed when draining.
In your case, there should be no leftover swarf in the engine block after 3 oil changes. If you're finding shavings, it could simply be a case of one of 3 things.

1. Bad PTWA process.
2. Poor lubrication.
3. You drive that thing everyday to within an inch of its life.

Considering the videos I've seen of you "having fun" with your Mustang, I would say it may very well be a combination of all 3. :wink:

Sponsored

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In your case, there should be no leftover swarf in the engine block after 3 oil changes. If you're finding shavings, it could simply be a case of one of 3 things.

1. Bad PTWA process.
2. Poor lubrication.
3. You drive that thing everyday to within an inch of its life.

Considering the videos I've seen of you "having fun" with your Mustang, I would say it may very well be a combination of all 3. :wink:
What videos of me driving have you seen exactly?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What videos of me driving have you seen exactly?
I have watched a number of your LsEater videos, before I bought my own GT. Especially where as an intro, you had that pedal to the floor power shifting. You were very clear in your love of the Mustang. You explicitly spoke of how you love to drive it like crazy, power shifting "all the time", and how you never babied the car, as close to your exact words that I can recall.
Then at 6,500 miles, you broke the shift forks. That's when your videos started to change their tone. I'm not slamming your driving. You have every right to drive your car as you like, in order to enjoy it to its fullest. It is designed to drive hard, but like every machine, it will wear out much faster when pushed more frequently. Keep in mind, every engine has a HP-Hour rating. When you drive it hard, and as often as you do, the level of wear will be extensive compared to someone who drives it normally as a daily driver with only the occasional spirited canyon run on a weekend. Just like the line-lock feature. It is designed to burnout in order to warm the tires for drag racing. But, when you do that, you are in fact putting the machine in a high stress condition where there is a much higher likelihood of something breaking. Will it break right away? No, probably not. But eventually, it will.

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have watched a number of your LsEater videos, before I bought my own GT. Especially where as an intro, you had that pedal to the floor power shifting. You were very clear in your love of the Mustang. You explicitly spoke of how you love to drive it like crazy, power shifting "all the time", and how you never babied the car, as close to your exact words that I can recall.
Then at 6,500 miles, you broke the shift forks. That's when your videos started to change their tone. I'm not slamming your driving. You have every right to drive your car as you like, in order to enjoy it to its fullest. It is designed to drive hard, but like every machine, it will wear out much faster when pushed more frequently. Keep in mind, every engine has a HP-Hour rating. When you drive it hard, and as often as you do, the level of wear will be extensive compared to someone who drives it normally as a daily driver with only the occasional spirited canyon run on a weekend. Just like the line-lock feature. It is designed to burnout in order to warm the tires for drag racing. But, when you do that, you are in fact putting the machine in a high stress condition where there is a much higher likelihood of something breaking. Will it break right away? No, probably not. But eventually, it will.
Lol, well thats definitely not me sorry. I'd love to see this video tho haha

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lol, well thats definitely not me sorry. I'd love to see this video tho haha
So basically you are denying that you said that? Then, you must have deleted your videos so no one would see your driving intro, or your comments of you like to power shift all the time. You were very explicit in how you said you drove your car. Like I said, you have every right to drive your car the way you wish, and I certainly am not going to judge your driving. However, don't lie to cover up your driving practices, to give the impression your some kind of grandma that drives like an angel. You're not, and everyone on here who may have seen those videos, knows that. I certainly won't judge driving a Mustang hard, but I will judge a liar. Whatever decent character you may have, don't ruin it. Just be honest about it. Don't worry, Ford will still buy back your car.

At 1:00, Power shifting on every pull. Giving it hell. Beat the shit out of it. And I can tell the way you drive.... lots of pulls. Power shift at 2:35, and I'd also like to know how you're so certain the digital speedometer won't read above 160mph? :rockon:

No, you've never broken the speed limit. :angel:

Last edited:

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So basically you are denying that you said that? Then, you must have deleted your videos so no one would see your driving intro, or your comments of you like to power shift all the time. You were very explicit in how you said you drove your car. Like I said, you have every right to drive your car the way you wish, and I certainly am not going to judge your driving. However, don't lie to cover up your driving practices, to give the impression your some kind of grandma that drives like an angel. You're not, and everyone on here who may have seen those videos, knows that. I certainly won't judge driving a Mustang hard, but I will judge a liar. Whatever decent character you may have, don't ruin it. Just be honest about it. Don't worry, Ford will still buy back your car.

Power shift at 2:35, and I'd also like to know how you're so certain the digital speedometer won't read above 160mph? :rockon:

No, you've never broken the speed limit. :angel:
LMAO, im not that guy.....

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
LOL, all good...:cwl::like:
Nah man, really. I sincerely apologize. I saw your first post in the other thread where you posted that "Lemon" video. I thought that was you.

But you did say, this is what happened to you. So I'm sorry, I got that mixed up.

You can see how I basically said what I did though. That kid drove that thing like he stole it every day. It's no wonder he had so many problems.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Nah man, really. I sincerely apologize. I saw your first post in the other thread where you posted that "Lemon" video. I thought that was you.

But you did say, this is what happened to you. So I'm sorry, I got that mixed up.

You can see how I basically said what I did though. That kid drove that thing like he stole it every day. It's no wonder he had so many problems.
lol different color cars. and there a re several people that have done lemons on these 18+ already

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

All good man, just gave me a good laugh. Havent watched much of his stuff, but i will say i have driven my cars hard in the past and not had anything near the issues he has. Ford messed up the shift forks for sure, i was pumped for the fixes they made on the manual trans until i heard about that, part of why i went with the 10R80.
Sponsored