Sponsored

DD DRL Boards

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
yeah.. and that excludes the cost of the LEDs which will be another AUD150-200 delivered.. guess it may never happen. I'd prefer to do exhaust, suspension and rear spoiler first.

Or maybe in 5 years once I'm less precious with the car/taken various bits apart.. but by then I'll probably be used to the lights. Oh well.. here's to hoping.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
Hey Allan, were you able to get any pictures of where to cut or anything that would help for those of us considering doing this mod ourselves? Not game enough to try splitting them open. The cut method seems safer...

Cheers :D

Mate to be honest I got concerened that someone would stuff their lights and then take it out on me. So I took it down and then a week later my computer crashed which I am still trying to resolve.

The problem is that splitting the assemblies carries a real risk of something going wrong. I feel confident to do mine but I also had the opportunity to practice on two assemblies first.

If it does go wrong, its a $1000 mistake plus time off the road. In saying that, I discovered a heat gun method that was a lot better than the oven method that I would never ever recommend anyone do. Its a garanteed screwing up your lights.

The bottom line is that by far, the safest way is the cut a hole method. This way you make a hole cut on the bottom of the assembly housing and carefully glue the led strips in place.

I have been very busy of late but because I actually have the US assemblies that I already split and an EU assembly to compare, I am in a good position to mark up the optimised cutting location and make a template.

If I can get this done sometime over the next two weekends I would be happy to mail off a copy of the template if that would help. I am already going to do that for another member. I can also take some reference photos of the internal assembly that the led boards hang off if that would help. :cheers:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Hey Allan, were you able to get any pictures of where to cut or anything that would help for those of us considering doing this mod ourselves? Not game enough to try splitting them open. The cut method seems safer...

Cheers :D
Sorry Wes, things got hectic. I have the next week off work so will be able to get it done for sure. Hang tight :thumbsup:

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
No stress Allan. I'm sure we're all grateful, plus I am only planning to do my mod mid to late January :)

Cheers

Sponsored

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Sorry Wes, things got hectic. I have the next week off work so will be able to get it done for sure. Hang tight :thumbsup:
I can fix your computer crash problem Allan, but don't want to learn DRLs :ninja:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
No stress Allan. I'm sure we're all grateful, plus I am only planning to do my mod mid to late January :)

Cheers
No prob, will get it done for you. I was informed by DD last week mine are on the way! Thats been about three months so they must have overcome the light flickering issue as they were not going to send until resolved.

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Same. At least it means they will be 100% :)
No prob, will get it done for you. I was informed by DD last week mine are on the way! Thats been about three months so they must have overcome the light flickering issue as they were not going to send until resolved.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Are you guys doing the DD install yourselves ?

or

Is there someone who is doing these commercially here in Oz ?

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys doing the DD install yourselves ?

or

Is there someone who is doing these commercially here in Oz ?
Doing my own Paul, there is someone in Melb doing commercially but its like $800 if I remember correctly. It was in this tread early on I think.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Doing my own Paul, there is someone in Melb doing commercially but its like $800 if I remember correctly. It was in this tread early on I think.
There's also someone in Adelaide apparently, with a similar cost.

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Bit the Bullit.

Hi All, I've had my Diode Dynamic DRL's sitting in the Garage for a while. So when the chance came to go to Adelaide for Christmas to visit the Family, I decided to call Jamie from Loudz Creations to see if he could fit me in to get them installed. He obliged and fitted me in on the Boxing Day Holiday. Was a more costly exercise taking the Mustang and not the Commodore, not to mention the 3200k's as well. But what Jamie did in 2 days was nothing short of Amazing. I believe these should've been standard on all Mustangs.

[ame]

Last edited:

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Hi, yes standard kit from Diode Dynamics. They work Great without any dramas with the electronics.

^^^^ That looks really awesome! Congrats.

Any side effects with other electrics? Is this a standard kit from DD?
Sponsored