Dashcams

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Any-one with a Blackvue noticed an overheating issue? Running from a Power Magic unit and the front camera gets very hot even when garaged. Have tried turning off wifi when parked but no real improvement. Same issues on all 3 vehicles so not likely to be a faulty unit.
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Mine runs very hot to the touch but never had an issue because of it. I know there were overheating issues with some early models which is why the newer ones have so many vent holes. Are you actually having a problem or just concerned with how hot it feels?

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
We had one that stopped working, it kept trying to reset. During the diagnostic process that they suggested I noticed the front camera was very hot almost to the point of getting burnt when I touched it, so thought may this was either the reason for or an outcome of the fault.
I obtained a replacement from the distributor and have now refitted so will keep an eye on the heat issue. The two others also get hot but not as hot as the one that failed.
The supplier/installer sadly washed their hands of this issue so my prior recommendation of the Artarmon branch of the Car Kit Company is now withdrawn.
The distributor Auto Blackbox were however very helpful and sent me a replacement front and rear without hesitation, even provided post paid envelope to return the original items. If you have any issues I would recommend that you call them direct and ask for James.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Had barely left my street this morning before witnessing stupidity.
Were they trying to pull into that car park the wrong way, or were they going full retard and heading the wrong way onto Old Princes Hwy?

Here's an unpleasant surprise that meant I got to wait for a red light 3 times:

[ame]

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Were they trying to pull into that car park the wrong way, or were they going full retard and heading the wrong way onto Old Princes Hwy?
I think she was short cutting it to the car park.

If not, she had a large oncoming 4WD to deal with.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the rotten luck!

Was just removing the memory card from my dash cam when I dropped the card.

It bounced into the tachometer housing and disappeared. There's a slight gap between the perspex covering the tacho and the housing and it got well and truly swallowed.

Hopefully it gets dislodged and drops out of the bottom of the dash at some stage - praying that it doesn't rattle in the meantime.

:doh:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the rotten luck!

It bounced into the tachometer housing and disappeared. There's a slight gap between the perspex covering the tacho and the housing and it got well and truly swallowed.

Hopefully it gets dislodged and drops out of the bottom of the dash at some stage - praying that it doesn't rattle in the meantime.

Wow, how unlucky is that?! Hope it drops out!

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Of all the rotten luck!

That kind of bad luck usually only happens to me :tsk: If it rattles for you, it might be on par with my button rattles

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That kind of bad luck usually only happens to me :tsk: If it rattles for you, it might be on par with my button rattles
I'll just have to convince myself that it's the buttons.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
DCOA March compilation is up:

[ame]

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Thanks Drew, a good laugh...shame it's actually real. It would be tough handing out the dickhead driver award....so many fine contenders.:thumbsup:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Couple of Kingsway incidents there [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION], Im staying away haha. I think " You f#$king dickhead " and " what the f#$k " are part of the license testing these days.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Drew, a good laugh...shame it's actually real. It would be tough handing out the dickhead driver award....so many fine contenders.:thumbsup:
My personal favourite was the mono riding tool at the end who ended up on his arse. Also the "YOU SILLY......PERSON" guy showed remarkable restraint.

Couple of Kingsway incidents there @Drewbo , Im staying away haha. I think " You f#$king dickhead " and " what the f#$k " are part of the license testing these days.
Yep - quite a few of our neighbours seem to feature of late.

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
I never thought I'd want a dashcam but after some of the things I've seen this week in Brisbane, I'm considering one.

I just hate the cables or being able to see it really.
Sponsored