Sponsored

Dash lights went out??

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
On my way back from the great Nemesis day out today I noticed my dash clock lights went off?? They came back on after what I thought was a couple of minutes?

Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
On my way back from the great Nemesis day out today I noticed my dash clock lights went off?? They came back on after what I thought was a couple of minutes?

Has anyone else experienced this?
Are you sure it wasn’t getting confused between day and night light levels? Both my Mustang & Mondeo have looked like the dash lights have gone off in dull conditions.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure it wasn’t getting confused between day and night light levels? Both my Mustang & Mondeo have looked like the dash lights have gone off in dull conditions.
So, are you suggesting the dash lights shouldn't normally be illuminated? Mine have always been on??
Hang on... I have my front number plate on the dash.... mmmmmm:doh:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
There's 3 things the dash lights do:

No backlight
White Dashlight
Coloured dashlight (red/blue/whatevr u want)

Which one happened??? As i've had mine go white to no, and coloured to no before, but sometimes it's usually to do with my lights setting (like if i leave it on "off" not auto) and sometimes does it going under tunnels and has a bit of a fit... cleaning the sensor helped me.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It will appear to flick off & on, or rather bright then not so bright. The dials will dim when the weather conditions dull, I believe you can set the brightness though, so maybe yours it turned right down and looked like it went off?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you all have a good point here guys..

Maybe they did just dim to very dim because my number plate went over the sensor. I'm assuming the light sensor is that thing in the middle of the dash?

I was also thinking that bright meant night time and dim would be daytime, stupidly incorrect because I'm old and senile!!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was also thinking that bright meant night time and dim would be daytime, stupidly incorrect because I'm old and senile!!
Well that would be logical! I thought that too to be honest. But when they are bright, they are super bright - would light up the whole interior if it was that bright in the dark, whereas when it dims, it looks relatively bright at night...

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Sometimes mine gets confused after switching to dark for a few moments like a tunnel or bridge.

Comes out of night mode and then no dial lights. Comes back within a minute or so.

Bloody electronics. That's why I still love my 20 year old BMW, no silly gubbins or that bloody touch screen.

When someone comes up for a replacement for the screen that is just a black alu plate with metal toggle switches and space to use my DYMO printer to make labels, I'll be first in the queue lol.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Sometimes mine gets confused after switching to dark for a few moments like a tunnel or bridge.

Comes out of night mode and then no dial lights. Comes back within a minute or so.

Bloody electronics. That's why I still love my 20 year old BMW, no silly gubbins or that bloody touch screen.

When someone comes up for a replacement for the screen that is just a black alu plate with metal toggle switches and space to use my DYMO printer to make labels, I'll be first in the queue lol.
One of the reasons I could never have an '18 model with that 1990's spectrum analyser/Nintendo Gameboy dash cluster, and why I moved away from Audi's and the like... I hate all the overdone electronics on modern cars as they're just more trouble than they're worth in my mind... give me a car with just LT/HT circuits and a voltage regulator, and no requirement for a PC to get the bloody thing working!
Sponsored