Sponsored

Daily drivers?

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
So I'm looking at getting a daily driver. I don't want to rack up too many miles on my GT. Plus after a long day of work driving the GT is a chore since its manual and tends to be stop and go traffic on the way home. My commute isn't too bad. Maybe 12-15 miles and less than 20 minutes.

So looking at paying cash this summer for a daily. Roughly $6000-8000. Something that obviously gets good mileage and a 4 door.

What are you guys using as daily's?
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'd get a civic, 2008/9/10.

Or maybe a truck (if there is a smallish one that gets good mpg).

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I DD my Mustang. But, if I had the opportunity I'd pick up an old Ranger as my beater. I'd love to have the utility of a truck and you can get 4 cyl models that should at least be decent on gas.

RoadrunnerGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 07 STi, C5 ZO6
My GT is my daily at the moment but I've had good experience with Honda, Toyota and Hyundai as DDs because they were cheap had good gas mileage and excellent reliability as long as you do your homework and pick the right gen.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Daily the Mustang too, sold my Lexus IS200 because I knew right away I'd never drive that again unless I was forced to.

Sponsored

Nylesw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Ram 1500 5.7, Mustang GT premium 17' Silver
I switch back and fourth. Nice day mustang wet or other I drive my pickup. I have to have a pickup for camper and ocean boat so it's not as good of mileage but I have them both insured as low mileage/use and take all the insurance extras off like rental car as I have two vehicles. It helps a little but you will still be paying insurance on two rigs.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
I use my mustang cause it's my only car I've gotten so far (:

if you want to buy a daily one is say a used toyota definitely my aunt and I work at the same place and it's a good 30 minutes away and her little Toyota is still going strong

The ranger is not a bad idea! Definitely lots of pros!

I was hoping to buy a ranger/Colorado/canyon/ brand new but then they made them bigger and ugly so I went with the mustang :D
Sponsored

Last edited: