Custom wheels that don't look custom?

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
So I currently have the 18x8 Premium wheels on my GT. I actually really like the way they look on the car, and there's a huge price difference between tires when you go up to 19's and 20s, so that's an added plus. Now I would love some 18x10s on the rear wheels... Idealy I would prefer to purchase my exact wheels, 2" wider and keep the front wheels the same without changing the look of the car.

Does anyone make replicas of the stock wheels in different widths? Should I just have some custom made? My dealership that does the maintenance on the car said they could fab me some, or supposedly stretch my existing wheels to get the size I want on the rear. The plan for the car is a series of upgrades, where the car appears 100% stock, while fully enjoying some of the underhood mods I have planned, and right now the stock setup seems to be at it's limits while the car is stock.

I've obviously got a bit of time before I need a solution, since these tires only have 3k on them now, but I was just curious if someone out there specializes in this sort of thing that I should look at.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Oewheelsllc.com

Just bought a set of GT PP wheels in 18x9 from them for 600 shipped to my door. Not bad. Should have them on by the end of the week.

With those in a Steeda drop I think the car will look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
There are some places that can widen your factory wheels. I don't know what that does for balancing and all that but it is possible.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
This is what I found:

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3...eel-Gunmetal-Machined-Face-18x10#.VWdCHs9VhBc

Looks pretty close to my premium wheels! Thanks for the suggestion!

They don't have any test cars for the 2015 Mustang yet so they assured me that they could not guarantee fitment. But I have base brakes so I don't see a problem. And they told me they would waive the restocking fee just in case. Not sure about the GT brakes though.

Granted these are knockoffs so they will be heavy, and lower manufactured quality but those prices are pretty great

OP
OP

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
They don't have any test cars for the 2015 Mustang yet so they assured me that they could not guarantee fitment. But I have base brakes so I don't see a problem. And they told me they would waive the restocking fee just in case. Not sure about the GT brakes though.

Granted these are knockoffs so they will be heavy, and lower manufactured quality but those prices are pretty great

They are going to be going on just the rear so the extra weight doesn't bother me, as long as they look just like the front wheels once the cap insert goes in I'll be happy.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo

Just installed mine today. No fitment issues.
Front center caps will not fit. The rear caps from the aftermarket wheel fit but the oem Fords do not. They look to be a slightly larger diameter and deeper than stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jfkdkdk

Front center caps will not fit. The rear caps from the aftermarket wheel fit but the oem Fords do not. They look to be a slightly larger diameter and deeper than stock

They don't look right man. The look off . They look tucked into ur wheel well. Doesn't look good bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I disagree but thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Did you do a 4 wheel swap? I was hoping to see how close to the premium wheels they could get, but it seems you went with all black. I wonder if they'll end up offering a center cap that fits...

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Looks good to me. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Did you do a 4 wheel swap? I was hoping to see how close to the premium wheels they could get, but it seems you went with all black. I wonder if they'll end up offering a center cap that fits...

Yes all 4. I'm not sure but I don't think they have the premium wheels yet. They do have the 20" wheels downsized to 18" but I'm not too sure how they'll look that small.

Sponsored