Sponsored

Custom Stripe on the 350

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Anyone do this ? How much does it cost to have someone install it ? I love the 350 in magnetic but the white pin stripe on the black OTT stripe is killing me. I am considering ordering the car less stripe and doing a custom stripe to my liking.
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Big worm graphix is your best bet if your going to add a stripe kit after the fact. Not the same quality as OEM, but good.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Anyone do this ? How much does it cost to have someone install it ? I love the 350 in magnetic but the white pin stripe on the black OTT stripe is killing me. I am considering ordering the car less stripe and doing a custom stripe to my liking.
Depends on what you want, I had a local vinyl shop put this stripe on my hood for $150. I did the artwork, but anything is possible.

IMG_2144_zpssatdamkb.jpg

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Saw a guy at coffee and cars with a black 350 and added matte black stripes with yellow pin stripe and it really looked slick.

Sponsored

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
Big worm graphix is your best bet if your going to add a stripe kit after the fact. Not the same quality as OEM, but good.
Which stripe kit did you order from Big Worm? I couldn't find a pinstripe set on their website.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just think a mat black stripe on the magnetic paint with black roof would look slick. I wish ford had a pinstripe delete option. It seems its pretty cheap to add a stripe after the fact. You just need to find a good shop.

So big worm is the only option ?

I had considered ordering the R stripe from ford ( if u can do that) and having it put on my car.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I just think a mat black stripe on the magnetic paint with black roof would look slick. I wish ford had a pinstripe delete option. It seems its pretty cheap to add a stripe after the fact. You just need to find a good shop.

So big worm is the only option ?

I had considered ordering the R stripe from ford ( if u can do that) and having it put on my car.
I was thinking about laying a matte black set of stripes over top of my white stripes. I was just going to hit up someone in town who could do some vinyl wrap.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about laying a matte black set of stripes over top of my white stripes. I was just going to hit up someone in town who could do some vinyl wrap.
You know thats a good idea. If done correctly I doubt you could even see it.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know thats a good idea. If done correctly I doubt you could even see it.
If I get it done i'll throw up some photos. My only concern is that it could be a bit too 'high' having two sets of stripes on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I get it done i'll throw up some photos. My only concern is that it could be a bit too 'high' having two sets of stripes on.
Yeah, you would have to do a test patch to see how it looks.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Double stacking the pinstripes will cause you some headaches. Wax buildup, issues with a clean seal on your clear bra, width differences, the bottom color showing through if your not dead nuts straight.... Side by side is best

[MENTION=18082]EF300[/MENTION] I posted the link to the stripes where you asked in my build thread

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Double stacking the pinstripes will cause you some headaches. Wax buildup, issues with a clean seal on your clear bra, width differences, the bottom color showing through if your not dead nuts straight.... Side by side is best

@EF300 I posted the link to the stripes where you asked in my build thread
Much appreciated. Perhaps I won't do anything then. I love the look of the matte black but would like OEM quality.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
If you remove the factory stripes and then install our stripes everything works great. Our stripe widths are slightly different, so our kit will not cover the factory stripes if you put them on top of them. There are very small differences (fractions of an inch) in various areas which is why we advertise them as "inspired by" and not as duplicates. Also the pinstripe is different, Ford uses printed color on clear material with a very small gap between the main stripe and pinstripe. We use a solid colored pinstripe with no gap between the main stripe and pinstripe. In my opinion when you install new vinyl on top of the factory stripes and then remove the new stripes at some point it will damage the factory stripes beyond repair. If you wanted a different color of stripes it would work better to remove the factory stripes and install the new stripes instead of stacking them. We have had a couple people ask about this recently.