OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Not yet. The car is almost completed. The body shop noticed the upper and lower grills were also spotted and they couldn't get them cleaned up, so new ones were ordered. They didn't get them in time for me to get the car Friday, so it'll be some time this week.

So, to summarize, I got a complete new paint job, including mirror caps and spoiler, new front grills and a new rear trunk panel. This car should be as new as it should have been. I just hope the seat bolsters and sill plates aren't showing wear from all of the in and out to move the car.

I have plans for the car once I get it back, other than detailing it. I plan to tint the windows at 15%, lower the car with Eibach Pro springs, do an H-pipe with GT500 axle backs and refinish the interior chrome trim with a brushed aluminum/clear coat finish. I also plan to paint the rotor hats and all four brake calipers. This could be fun!!

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
OP, look forward to the finished product.
Yeah! So am I. It's been 6 weeks now. They body shop wrote on the driver's window the delivery date of 12/23. Well, that didn't happen. I was then told it would be before New Year's, and that didn't happen. So far this week, it's still not finished. I was told they are just waiting for the front grills to be delivered. Once they get delivered, the front end goes back together and off to detail it goes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Ok. This is not a photoshop!!! I got the car back. What do you think?

I found an area on the passenger side of the roof that was wet sanded and missed when buffed, so I'll try to fix that tomorrow. If it doesn't polish up for me, I can take the car back and they'll fix it right up. I also found some overspray in the door jamb. I'll clay that tomorrow and see if it comes out. If not, the shop said they'll remove that also.

You can see by the lighting that it was getting dark, so I wasn't able to completely go over the car, but I can do that tomorrow and note any issues. The body shop manager said that he'll take care of any issues that I find.
top.jpg
Front.jpg
rear.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty good while it's clean for the next 5 minutes!

I don't know if it is just the angles or the nature of striping bending surfaces, but the red on the front bumper looks out of line in the middle compared to the top. Also is the black narrowing down? Guessing yes because of the hood lines but it definitely looks a lot thinner on the front than the back bumper for sure.

edit » pulled up this pic of the Speedkore one and looks like the same things so just messing with my eyes

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Yes. The angles did make it very difficult to lay out. The black does narrow in the front because there is a gradual curving in from the rear of the hood to the front of the hood. The bumper cover has a straight up/down center line of 0*, then there's the outer angle of the upper/lower grill is about 30*, so the edge of the stripe, on each side is about 15*. We eyeballed the angle, and felt this looked the best. The horizontal part of the red is right in line with the upper bumper cover. The camera, lighting and the angles make it look off.

On the rear bumper cover, the black "appears" to be bending outward, while the red is bending inwards at the bottom. It was measured multiple times from the vehicle center line and also from the edge of the backup sensors on each side, so they are straight.

Believe me when I say the angles and body lines on this car made the layout very difficult. If there are any issues with stripe alignment or spacing, it's on me as I laid them out.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Damn scott that's pretty slick looking and thank you for explaining the angles...thought my eyes were f'n with me, lol. Question...is your '14 Sterling Grey Metallic? When I got my LB '17 from Clermont Ford, I traded my '14 SGM Track Pack/Recaros for it...I came back the next weekend and my "old" car already had an appointment on it that someone was going to get it.

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Nope. I bought the car new at Mullinax and it's Ruby Red. It has the Roush upper and lower grilles, the Roush fogs, Roush front/side/rear splitters, Roush hood scoop and 1/4 louvers, GT500 spoiler, rear valance, quad exhaust with resonator delete and 2017 PP wheels!!!
20170923_190236.jpg
20170923_190307.jpg

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Nice stable!

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nice I like it. Sorry for posting my photo on your thread, I thought it was a custom paint thread.
Have you had it out in the snow.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I like the design, it's very "outstanding" as in a one off. Congrats on a job well done.