Sponsored

Custom Exhaust Option Similar to GT Sound?

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Metallic Grey)
Is there an exhaust option out there that would give the Ecoboost the lower end growl of the GT? Most of the videos I've seen of custom exhaust options seem to have that higher pitch sound to them.
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is there an exhaust option out there that would give the Ecoboost the lower end growl of the GT? Most of the videos I've seen of custom exhaust options seem to have that higher pitch sound to them.
You will never get v8 rumble from and I-4T motor. It's impossible.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My Roush axle back definitely drops the "note" to a lower growl. I like what I hear in the Outlaw exhaust vids online. Both also seem to supress some of that spitty rasp which helps

I would not expect any of these to sound "like" an 8 cylinder.

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
My magnaflow competition mufflers give a nice bassy growl in the low end of the rpms. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, but definitely not a V8 sound.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
You bought the wrong car if you wanted a V8 sound :) Tons of good options for the turbo 4 though.

Sponsored

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I like the Agency Power exhaust myself..

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
You want a V8 growl? Record a V8 and then play it over your radio at "10" as you drive down the road. If you want it to sound REALLY good, mount some speakers outside your car, near the rear tires. :lol:

All jokes aside, if I could go back, I'd focus on making my car sound more like a turbo. After going to many car meets, I learned that you don't need a "sound" from your muffler for your car to sound good. Those turbo cars sound awesome!

Focus on what your car is...

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You want a V8 growl? Record a V8 and then play it over your radio at "10" as you drive down the road.
It's funny, driving my 71 Mach 1 is like being in a Steve McQueen movie, the most classic sound you can imagine. The drone gets to me (got a guy re-working the exhaust a bit to calm things, my wife won't even ride in it) but it sure is a blast.

The Ecoboost is my home away from home car, yeah I tweaked it but the tight ride and relatively low noise are welcomed.
71-mach1-driver-angle.jpg

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
My flowmaster outlaw axleback definitely gives a nice low growl, but it's hella loud and drones a bit. Didnt bother me on a 500 mile weekend trip though (surprisingly).

Your other good & relatively cheap options are the rousch axleback or muffler delete. There was a rather long and informative thread on here the other day about muffler deletes.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It's funny, driving my 71 Mach 1 is like being in a Steve McQueen movie, the most classic sound you can imagine. The drone gets to me (got a guy re-working the exhaust a bit to calm things, my wife won't even ride in it) but it sure is a blast.

The Ecoboost is my home away from home car, yeah I tweaked it but the tight ride and relatively low noise are welcomed.
You should record your car and sell it on the forums... and along with a "rear mounting kit" that includes water proof speakers. :D

That is a nice ride...

I feel you on the sound... although, if not a daily driver, then the heck with it!!!!

My mustang is my only car... at least your wife has options!!!! :clap2:

OP
OP

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Metallic Grey)
A lot of great replies here so thank you. I assumed it would never sound like a V8 but the reply about making it sound more like a turbo is something I never even considered. The only sound I don't want is that Honda sound. I like the smoother whoosh type sound though. Is that even what it's called lol? I know nothing about exhaust so would definitely buy the kit and then have a place do the install for me. I will look up these various options. As for not buying a GT this was an impulse buy for me and such a great deal I couldn't say no. I was actually going to buy an Explorer Sport or F150 when I bought this. Saw it driving through the lot where the new cars had just arrived and fell in love with the color and all. The only regret is not buying the premium. It's my daily driver and the 28mpg isn't bad either!
Sponsored