The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Looks close to where mine was. Pulled it out and didn’t leak. I got lucky.

C8581F93-C3C7-4060-88BE-DDCA33D6C3F4.jpeg
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Give me a break. Talk about an over reaction. Nobody here can actually make a good assessment because we didn’t actually see what the damage was when the tire came off. If the shop thought it wasn’t repairable they would have told him no and tried to sell him a tire. They assumed the liability on the repair. That’s where it ends.

I would never go to that shop again, for anything. That is a non-repairable tire, plain and simple.

Never mind, I see I’m too late to the party. Hope it doesn’t come apart suddenly and kill you, but hey, your choice.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Give me a break. Talk about an over reaction. Nobody here can actually make a good assessment because we didn’t actually see what the damage was when the tire came off. If the shop thought it wasn’t repairable they would have told him no and tried to sell him a tire. They assumed the liability on the repair. That’s where it ends.
:facepalm:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
the OP can verify that. I’ve had my local tire shop tell me on several occasions that they would plug or patch a tire but they explicitly said they didn’t recommend it and each was a cash transaction with no receipt. I doubt mine is the only podunk tire shop that would do such a thing.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
No doubt. There’s good shops and bad shops. I stopped taking my stuff several years back, I got tired of the hit and miss with the tech’s doing the work and the damage that some times happened.

the OP can verify that. I’ve had my local tire shop tell me on several occasions that they would plug or patch a tire but they explicitly said they didn’t recommend it and each was a cash transaction with no receipt. I doubt mine is the only podunk tire shop that would do such a thing.

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Surely enough it was a cash transaction with no receipt. They didn't say anything about not recommending it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I would never go to that shop again, for anything. That is a non-repairable tire, plain and simple.

Never mind, I see I’m too late to the party. Hope it doesn’t come apart suddenly and kill you, but hey, your choice.
Yeah, plug will shoot out the tire will explode, & and catch fire.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Short term fix at best. Not worth the risk. The location compromises the structural integrity of the tire.
I worked in a tire shop for a year when I was younger. I've fixed hundreds and hundreds of tires. I wouldn't touch that tire with a ten foot pole if it came into my shop. The plugs don't adhere properly at all on the inside unless it's a completely flat surface with no curve at all.

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Not a plug. It was a patch. Different things.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That’s a new one. Both patch and plug. I’ll use a plug in the field to get a tire back to my shop. After that, its coming out and a proper patch is put on. I’ve never had a patch fail, knock on wood.

A patch without a plug is pretty much nothing at all lol. You want to combine both.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
That’s a new one. Both patch and plug. I’ll use a plug in the field to get a tire back to my shop. After that, its coming out and a proper patch is put on. I’ve never had a patch fail, knock on wood.
To be fair I haven't fixed a tire for 10 or 15 years. The ones we used were a patch/plug combined. You glued the patch to the inside and pulled a plug through the hole.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. I misunderstood what you were referring to. I do have some of those types of patch’s in the box.

To be fair I haven't fixed a tire for 10 or 15 years. The ones we used were a patch/plug combined. You glued the patch to the inside and pulled a plug through the hole.
Sponsored