Crunching/thumping coming from rear?

JK XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JK
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Roushcharged
Hey guys, new to the forum and just wondering. On my 4th stang, now a 2021 Gt coupe with A10. I have noticed on moderate to strong acceleration in first that I hear this kind of thumping (maybe like 4-5 times in a row) coming from the passenger side. I know its not normal and am bringing it back to the dealer, sort of sounds like someone hitting it hard with a rubber mallet then it goes away. Car has 1500 miles and started a few weeks ago, thanks!!
Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Be sure to take a delaer tech for a ride along to show them the issue. Could be lots of things but with your mods I'd be looking at suspension, tire things first.

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Ever get this figured out?
I had a similar issue yesterday after doing the suspension. For me, turned out the shock nuts weren't torqued to spec (the nut that sits on the shock shaft above the mount)
I know there's other threads that talk about the rear control arm nuts, vertical links, and even the sway bar. But the shock nut was what it was for me

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I had a similar issue yesterday after doing the suspension. For me, turned out the shock nuts weren't torqued to spec (the nut that sits on the shock shaft above the mount)
I know there's other threads that talk about the rear control arm nuts, vertical links, and even the sway bar. But the shock nut was what it was for me
Thanks for the ideas