Sponsored

Craig's Front License plate brackets: Available 1/13

dyingfan_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Race Red, Black stripe, BK roof
Started installing the brackets tonight. Going to leave it for 24 hours before I put the bracket on. Will post more pictures when it's finished.

c7ae8ec6722f47375f5b208bc69ddfbc.jpg

ec5ccec52f4fbd9115a14a7decb450ac.jpg

3c4435a77110db5ce10763a6b7b6ebf8.jpg

038669da87080add0fa7c15e09dc9d15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
and the finished product?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
anyone got the measurements of the thing that you affix the plate to? I'm curious if this could be adapted to fit EU plates...

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
For anyone that is concerned about the round nut that hold the plate bracket onto the car bracket being difficult to remove. I went to my local Ace hardware, found an oblong plastic handle with the nut pressed inside. Made it easier to remove.

Sponsored

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Good afternoon. I just got my car late yesterday and was already told about needing a front plate, does any here have any regrets of mounting this front bracket after months of owning it? Or does any one here have experiences of how expensive or severe the offense is for nothing having the plate mounted in a state required?

Thank you for sharing.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Good afternoon. I just got my car late yesterday and was already told about needing a front plate, does any here have any regrets of mounting this front bracket after months of owning it? Or does any one here have experiences of how expensive or severe the offense is for nothing having the plate mounted in a state required?

Thank you for sharing.
In NH, failure to display is a violation level offense & $150 fine...
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/261/261-176.htm
I've got Craig's bracket and it does what it's supposed to do- hold a useless front plate to the front of the car much more elegantly than drilling holes into the front valance...Congrats on your car F1-R & I appreciate your service to this terrific country:usa:

I completely spaced it was you Aliek...Thanks for the update on your situation!

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Thank you for sharing.
The body work was completed to your satisfaction?

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
In NH, failure to display is a violation level offense & $150 fine...
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/261/261-176.htm
I've got Craig's bracket and it does what it's supposed to do- hold a useless front plate to the front of the car much more elegantly than drilling holes into the front valance...Congrats on your car F1-R & I appreciate your service to this terrific country:usa:
Thank you for this info, as much as want to run "plateless" in the front, I was just advised that I can be ticketed and denied access to the base. You are very welcome, I love this country, and I volunteered for one more year on active duty :cheers:

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
The body work was completed to your satisfaction?
Yes, I had several people look at it and not one was able to notice a thing. I will update my posts soon but this week has been crazy and I still have two minor battles with the dealer to wrap up. But in short, I ended up with a brand new bumper, new stripes, and new underside fiberglass panel. They also added the extended Ford warranty as well. Truth is, I am still upset and wanted to get a 2017 instead, but I am afraid I'll end up with no GT350 in the end. The car looks great, maybe even better than factory quality, since they addressed the small imperfections it had (non related) from factory.

Thank you for asking and caring. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Yes, I had several people look at it and not one was able to notice a thing. I will update my posts soon but this week has been crazy and I still have two minor battles with the dealer to wrap up. But in short, I ended up with a brand new bumper, new stripes, and new underside fiberglass panel. They also added the extended Ford warranty as well. Truth is, I am still upset and wanted to get a 2017 instead, but I am afraid I'll end up with no GT350 in the end. The car looks great, maybe even better than factory quality, since they addressed the small imperfections it had (non related) from factory.

Thank you for asking and caring. :thumbsup:
Great, glad to hear Aliek.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Oh....

Oh I'm glad I live in a state where we do not have a front license plate! :cheers: John

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Good afternoon. I just got my car late yesterday and was already told about needing a front plate, does any here have any regrets of mounting this front bracket after months of owning it?
I have the non-GT350 bracket version for my 2015. Still have it on - still works nice. I bought one of thef irst versions back in 2014 when the S550s were first released. The current versions use a 3M tape that is solid. I had some trouble with shearing on earlier versions, but Craig made the solid tape as a running change. No issues since that time - my car stays outside, goes through hot (95 deg F) and cold (-10 deg F) weather, and all weather conditions. I've had it running at up to 85 mph. I highly recommend it.

PS - When i had to remove the old base, there were no paint damage issues. Goo Gone and some rubbing with a soft cloth removed the residue. Paint was fine.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
PS - When i had to remove the old base, there were no paint damage issues. Goo Gone and some rubbing with a soft cloth removed the residue. Paint was fine.
Thanks for the info Tony. I was wondering if that might be the case with the 'new' adhesive?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thanks for the info Tony. I was wondering if that might be the case with the 'new' adhesive?
Definitely no problems on either version of the tape. I also used adhesion promoter before applying the base, and still no problem to remove residue.
Sponsored