Couldn't Go Into Reverse - 2020MY

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Sorry if this is a dead horse thread, but most of what I found was on the '15-'17s.

Car was in the garage for a couple days. When I tried to take it out I couldn't shift into reverse. I could push the lever about halfway, felt resistance and went back to neutral. Shifted into other gears fine, then again locked out of reverse. Stop the engine. Restart the engine. After a few of those back and fourths, I just let off the clutch(when in attempted reverse) and of course the shifter was thrown back to neutral. Shifted into reverse as normal after that. No problems since; about 200mi and 3-4 reverses.

Everything on the drivetrain is how it came from the factory last year.

Synchro(s)? Does the MT82 have a reverse synchro?

I'll call the dealership when if/it happens again.

Looking for insight. Advise. Thoughts. Not sure about comments.

Thanks.
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Mine stopped going in reverse when one of the plastic shift pads got wedged into somewhere where It wouldn't go. One came out when I drained the oil, the other the trans shop showed me where it got stuck

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Mine stopped going in reverse when one of the plastic shift pads got wedged into somewhere where It wouldn't go. One came out when I drained the oil, the other the trans shop showed me where it got stuck
Thanks for the reply.

What are shift pads? I've never heard of that before.
Sponsored