Sponsored

Corsa Extreme Vs Borla Atak

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Has anyone heard BOTH in person and can answer which one of these 2 exhaust is louder? I am aware that the Corsa is higher pitched and Borla is deeper, but am wondering about the volume.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have. Because of the tone difference, the Xtreme perceives louder from outside. Borla is definitely louder in the car.

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have heard both as well. I would agree with Bmac. The Corsa sounds louder because it’s higher pitch. But the antiDrone thing they do makes it really quiet while cruising.

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I have the borla Atak on my car. windows up cruising its almost silent. windows down around a city downshifting it it loud and aggressive, and from the outside it is plenty loud. Ive heard a few corsas from the outside and they yell.

I think both are around the same volume, but as stated earlier, the corsa is higher pitched so it probably makes it seem louder than it is. Both are plenty loud when you want them to be and quiet on the highway. Cold starts on both are brutal!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both are great and i would agree with all the above, let me know if you have questions, or need help with a system!

Sponsored

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I’m in for this discussion. I like the deeper sound of the ATAK, but don’t want idle (after cold start) to be quieter than the Extreme.

I was in a Kooks (with high flow cats) and Corsa Extreme car. After it warmed up it was surprisingly quiet. But at full throttle window down it was insane. I would prefer a deeper tone, at full throttle, but I have heard from multiple people idle is quieter with the ATAK. I am worried even with straight LTH the ATAK will sound like a catted Extreme, and that is too quiet for me.

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well. I just installed a Corsa Extreme on my 2019 GT yesterday. Other than having some adjustment issues it went on pretty easy. I love it. Sounds loud when I want it to and is quiet during my long commute to work IF I stay out of it. I’ve poked through some other threads and still need help getting the tips centered up. They’re hanging a little low and inward.

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Well. I just installed a Corsa Extreme on my 2019 GT yesterday. Other than having some adjustment issues it went on pretty easy. I love it. Sounds loud when I want it to and is quiet during my long commute to work IF I stay out of it. I’ve poked through some other threads and still need help getting the tips centered up. They’re hanging a little low and inward.
What order did you tighten the clamps? I know I read a few threads where people had the same issue and it turns out they were adjusting it in the wrong order. Unfortunately I don’t remember what order that was, but searching should turn something up.

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I went back to front but didn’t have any help. So it was really painful. I honestly just gave up until I can get some assistance. Still sounds great even if it is a little wonky lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Try this procedure. It has consistently worked well. If they're in and low, then the axlebacks need to come out (rearward) of the double X-pipe slightly, and then do steps 1-5.
Screenshot_2018-10-15-20-23-59.jpg

Sponsored

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You know what’s funny? Everyone told me I would feel like this about the exhaust. Initially I was worried it would be too loud. Now I’m not sure if it’s loud enough lol. Driving around it’s hard not to just floor it to really hear it roar

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
@CCIWDO don't worry, you won't have to modify your exhaust to get the tips sitting great in the valence.
Sponsored