FRPP Extreme vs ATAK

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I tried searching but couldn't find anything. What is the difference (in sound/tone) between the Extreme and the ATAK ?

And my guess is that even though it is for the 18+, The axle backs should be able to fit on my 17?

Currently have the FRPP Sport but looking for something louder with quad tip and 2.5" piping. That why I am looking at this as an option

Thanks!
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I tried searching but couldn't find anything. What is the difference (in sound/tone) between the Extreme and the ATAK ?

And my guess is that even though it is for the 18+, The axle backs should be able to fit on my 17?

Currently have the FRPP Sport but looking for something louder with quad tip and 2.5" piping. That why I am looking at this as an option

Thanks!
I put on the Borla ATAK(active exhaust version) about 2 weeks ago. Go to the last post here for a cold start sound clip:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ld-i-get-active-exhaust-edition.124330/page-2

The ATAK retains a deep, burbly growl at idle and a melodic non raspy sound when full WOT, all the way to redline. The ATAK is the LOUDEST exhaust Borla offers for the 18+'s. Also the difference is that the ATAK mufflers are designed differently to affect the sound in this way, hence the name "Acoustically Tuned Applied Kinetics". The Extreme just has regular mufflers and thus offers a much different sound across the RPM range. Hope that helps!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Do you have a Roush rear valance or how are you planning to get the 18+ / quad tip to fit on your 17?

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Do you have a Roush rear valance or how are you planning to get the 18+ / quad tip to fit on your 17?
Just seeing this but I was going to get the Anderson composite AR rear diffuser for quad tip exhaust

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Or an 18+ rear bumper

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have the full Ford Racing Extreme catback with their Xpipe and it rips for a car that still has stock headers and cats. It's made by Borla and has the same quality stainless throughout. No drone either!

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I have the full Ford Racing Extreme catback with their Xpipe and it rips for a car that still has stock headers and cats. It's made by Borla and has the same quality stainless throughout. No drone either!
I also run the Ford Performance Extreme cat-back with x-pipe and can vouch for its volume. Very loud for a car with cats. I previously had an 03 Cobra with Bassani headers and catless x-pipe with Borla Stingers, and I honestly feel that the Extreme cat-back is just as loud in terms of volume, but obviously not as raspy in tone. I've got to say the Extreme really impressed me, very loud and aggressive.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
ATAK ftw! I'm sure the FP extreme sounds amazing too.
Sponsored