Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
Hello all,

I recently had a Corsa Catback installed on my 19' PP1 GT with active exhaust. Let me first say this kit sounds absolutely awesome, and I am amazed at how there is NO drone at speed. With that being said, I noticed some rattling coming from the driver's side muffler. It sounds as if one of the exhaust flaps is making a rattling noise with the vibration. Has anyone else with this kit experienced the same thing? Was there a quick fix, or is this a defect with the muffler.

I uploaded a short clip.... hopefully you can make out what I'm talking about.
Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd call Corsa...does it cycle thru each mode and change the exhaust notes?

OP
OP
Jps920

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ya, modes function as they should. Kit is great, just this annoying rattle. I'll prob just have to give them a ring.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Wow, I thought they fixed the fitment with these since it was designed specifically for the 2018. Still looks like it sits too close towards the inside of the diffuser.

91gt331sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2017 mustang gt
I also have a 19 gt with Corsa active exhaust. It has the exact same rattle. I've noticed it is only in normal and sport modes. When the valve is fully closed or fully open it does not rattle. Adding catted arh longtubes has made it worse. It is to the point where I'm thinking about getting rid of the catback

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jps920

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I thought they fixed the fitment with these since it was designed specifically for the 2018. Still looks like it sits too close towards the inside of the diffuser.
The shop I brought it to did a shitty job with the alignment. When I picked up the car the techs were already gone, so I have to bring it back and have that addressed.

OP
OP
Jps920

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I also have a 19 gt with Corsa active exhaust. It has the exact same rattle. I've noticed it is only in normal and sport modes. When the valve is fully closed or fully open it does not rattle. Adding catted arh longtubes has made it worse. It is to the point where I'm thinking about getting rid of the catback
Thanks, I wanted to know if I was the only one with the issue. That clip I posted was on startup in quiet mode, but just like you normal and sport modes is where I normally hear it.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
it is the flaps, it is present with the stock system,

My opinion/theory is that the Motor/Spring are not strong enough to hold the higher flowing exhaust as mine become worse with cat delete and actually broke my exhaust valve. i have removed the active and run a standard catback.

91gt331sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2017 mustang gt
Yeah that's kinda what i was afraid of. I didn't notice it on the factory cat back with resonator delete. I was thinking about going non active cat back but don't want the extreme loud of the corsa cat back. I had those on my 15 gt and also my wifes 17 gt. Sucks, I've been a loyal Corsa customer but am probably going to go elsewhere, awe or sw??

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Have the same issue as well. I contacted corsa and they sent new valves and they helped a little but it still rattles in normal and sport as others have said. Corsa needs to fix this, it’s unacceptable on a 2k+ $ system

Corsa also claimed this was the first time they heard of this issue and had me send back my tips to them. Hopefully they will use mine to create a fix, I also shared this thread with the corsa rep I’ve been talking to about this
Sponsored