Continental rft's

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Switched out all four positions to RFT's. Love them. Do not track so the OE tires to me were useless.
Sponsored

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Switched out all four positions to RFT's. Love them. Do not track so the OE tires to me were useless.
What size tires? On the stock rims? Did you modify the speedometer if different sizes?

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Same dia. tires, stock rims The Conti's are slightly narrower. 5mm which isn't going to effect squat. I buy from our forum vendor Discount Tire. Their software will tell them exactly what will or will not work going + or -. It is interesting to watch. The numbers will show green for Yes, red for No related to tire size. I have a gps speed app on my pixel that is highly accurate. I've validated it against our departments radar up to 85 mph. Our legal speed limit here in TX. At 85, the factory speedometer is faster by 3 mph. 2 mph at 65. :sunglasses: I much prefer having run flats than the cups anyway. The change in tread pattern from track enabled to touring stopped the tramlining on grooved pavement. One no longer need to carry the inflator. Less weight in the trunk. :like:

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Over 250 miles on the Conti's now. Rain grooves have become non existant. Running 32 psi. Much quieter in the cabin at highway speeds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
285 front. 285 rear. Well within the plus/minus zone safety zone. This is a pleasure vehicle for me. My track days are over. After my stroke, I can no longer handle the lateral g's. Really sucks as I am no longer able to make use of my membership at Spring Mountain in NV when I visit the Shelby museum in Vegas.

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

(Edited for clarification)

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
No no, not what size...what tire? You never said what tire you're running.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™d like to know total size as well. Obviously 285/??/19. Need the height then I can locate the tire unless you want to fill us in with a link.

Edit....If you put a 285 on the front instead of a 295 then put a 295 on the rear instead of a 305, why not just go 295 square?
Did I miss something?

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My bad ......... Finally getting the 30 yr old and his other moved into new quarters. They've been with me a little over a month. :crying: Not their fault, their rent house was sold out from under them with no notice. 285/30R-19 at all 4 positions. At 32 psi they ride smooth as glass. Even in sport mode. They should show on DT's web site. Being non directional, they don't grab those damn rain grooves TX DOT loves to use on concrete. Excellent wear rating and, being non directional, they can be cross rotated for better mileage.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Iā€™d like to know total size as well. Obviously 285/??/19. Need the height then I can locate the tire unless you want to fill us in with a link.

Edit....If you put a 285 on the front instead of a 295 then put a 295 on the rear instead of a 305, why not just go 295 square?
Did I miss something?
These will do good on the "5". In fact, if they get control of the fires, I'm heading that way to see the grandkids come mid Sept. If I can't go west of the Sierra's because of the fire's, I will simply do 395 from south to north after taking the requisite picture of the car in front of the Shelby Museum in Vegas. Then come west through Death Valley. Love that drive on old US 66 in AZ. I've had the privilege of doing it in both directions. Santa Monica Pier in CA to Grants Park in Chicago. The Corps taught me good. I can stay out 10 to 14 days w/o doing laundry. :rockon: :crazy:
Sponsored