Sponsored

Continental DWS 06

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Just had stock sizes installed on my PP wheels.

I am very happy with the tires. IMO, the dry traction and slight steering response concession is well worth the trade for cold weather traction, better ride, and reduced wheel hop.

I have not had much highway time, so I am not sure if they are quieter than the P Zeros or not. I will say they are not louder.

I am not tracking my car and it is my DD.

I am happy with the purchase.

My only potential regret is not buying the G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S.
Sponsored

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've got a set on my PP wheels as well for winter use since generally it's just cold and rainy around here. They're a million times better than the factory tires in cool weather.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Had DWS for my 2013 Focus ST and they were a very happy middle ground vs. Winter/Summers since winters are pretty mild here in Vancouver. I wish they were the right size for my Mustang as I would have mounted them right now. I'll try the Neros A/S for now, but I have a feeling I won't like them as much.

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
I just threw DWS06s on my stang too, obviously not as great of dry traction as my MPSS but the ride is great and isnt loud although hard to hear over Corsa Xtremes :D. Should be getting alot of rain here and colder temps again so well see how they do with that. But overall so far great tires.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I just threw DWS06s on my stang too, obviously not as great of dry traction as my MPSS but the ride is great and isnt loud although hard to hear over Corsa Xtremes :D. Should be getting alot of rain here and colder temps again so well see how they do with that. But overall so far great tires.
I just bought a set of DWS06 265/40/22's for my wife's 2013 Ford Edge Sport. I think I'm going to go with Nokian Hakkapillita R2 winter tires for my stock 19" wheels. This is my first real winter here in Maryland and I don't want to risk it on summer tires.

Sponsored

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
I just bought a set of DWS06 265/40/22's for my wife's 2013 Ford Edge Sport. I think I'm going to go with Nokian Hakkapillita R2 winter tires for my stock 19" wheels. This is my first real winter here in Maryland and I don't want to risk it on summer tires.
Put some DWS06 275/40/19s on my stang, should be good for the winter here in MD. Roads usually get cleared here pretty fast. Now it will probably have a big ass blizzard now that i said that.:headbonk: Cant go wrong with dedicated winters tho!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Don't regret the purchase over the comp 2, you got a better tire. My 275 DWS should be here in a few days. Can't wait!

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I had these tires installed a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I had the old version of the DWS on my VW so it was a no brainer for a high performance all season.

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
Just had stock sizes installed on my PP wheels.

I am very happy with the tires. IMO, the dry traction and slight steering response concession is well worth the trade for cold weather traction, better ride, and reduced wheel hop.

I have not had much highway time, so I am not sure if they are quieter than the P Zeros or not. I will say they are not louder.

I am not tracking my car and it is my DD.

I am happy with the purchase.

My only potential regret is not buying the G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S.
For those with all seasons...can the tires handle full throttle in 1st and 2nd gear? My oem PP tires are completely useless in 1st gear with these cold temps.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
For those with all seasons...can the tires handle full throttle in 1st and 2nd gear? My oem PP tires are completely useless in 1st gear with these cold temps.
They will be much better. Jon bad things will happen with full throttle on oem tires in the cold. Don't do it. They are for 55 degrees and up.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't regret the purchase over the comp 2, you got a better tire. My 275 DWS should be here in a few days. Can't wait!
Thanks for the confidence.

In your opinion, why is DWS a better tire?

OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The p zeros get hard as a rock when it be cold and it ruined the experience of driving my car...not to mention a little on the dangerous side. Once I had the DWS put in, I love driving my car again. Back to making up reasons to go to the store!

To answer your question, they handle WOT very well for an all season. Sometimes a little spin, but very controllable, predictable and fun. Not a track tire by no means, but a great tire overall. Just my opinion.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I've had the DWS 06's on my car for a couple months now. I love them. Don't even notice the difference in handling since pulling my P-zero's off. I have the 20" wheels. Don't misunderstand, they don't grip as well in hot dry, but after a couple months driving them, you don't really notice the difference. We've had snow on at least 1 day of each of the past 4 weeks. It hasn't been too much, but the temps have been in the teens and 20's. Tires do just great. The only time I've had my tires slip was driving in NORMAL mode from a stop sign while sitting on top of snow/ice combo and it was my fault for hitting the throttle too hard. In wet/snow mode they've been great. If we got really deep snowfall here I'd probably gone with dedicated winters, but so far all is great.

OxWhiteEB

GR8_WHT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost
Using the same tires, 275/35/20 front and 315/35/20 on the back. Really nice tires! :thumbsup:

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I have these on my car and have put about 3000 miles on them. Very pleased so far.
Sponsored