Sponsored

Consumer Reports Crappy 15 Mustang Reliability

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ditched my mustang fairly quickly...that thing had issues
Worst vehicle I ever owned was a '99 GMC Truck. Had more warranty visits than all my other cars combined....and I have owned close to 30 vehicles in my life. I keep the 3 ring binder with all the warranty tickets to remind me never, ever buy a GM vehicle again......my '15 GTPP rides smooth as silk and zero issues in 16 months.....but we all know what opinions are like....;)
PS...next vehicle after the '99 GMC was a '03 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4 which required a new transmission at 12K miles. After 10 days in the shop, I drove it straight to a Toyota dealer and traded for a '05 Sequoia 4x4 that I still own....great vehicle.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Real world opinion counts, hence our 6G survey had overwhelming
love for their Mustang reliability, etc.

The Mustang owners who purchased lemons make up the consumer reports
Just note this forum is mostly fanboys. Mine is OK but note that they sold the car with essentially not working seat cooling that people paid for, all the panel alignment issues and so on. And service departments are absolutely horrible - while the vehicles are OK, I would never ever tell anybody I consider a friend to buy a Ford so he/she doesn't have to deal with their service.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Yea, CR is a joke for car reviews. They put way too much bias into the infotainment systems in cars.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Just note this forum is mostly fanboys. Mine is OK but note that they sold the car with essentially not working seat cooling that people paid for, all the panel alignment issues and so on. And service departments are absolutely horrible - while the vehicles are OK, I would never ever tell anybody I consider a friend to buy a Ford so he/she doesn't have to deal with their service.
Ford dealers are independently owned and operated, all service departments aren't gonna be the same. You can't blame Ford for that, it's strictly a dealer issue.

Luckily I've found one I've had great success with locally when I lived here and when I lived in NY.

GM was harder for me to find one that was worth anything. I did find one in NY, never been happy with one locally here in NC.

Doesn't stop me from considering an SS sedan though.

I've had the most success with Dodge/Jeep though in dealing with service departments.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
These are mass produced cars. It's totally hit or miss on if you'll get a gem like my car. Or one that has to go back to get the sync reprogrammed once a month! Total crap shoot.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
23 months, 16,000 miles. One repair (the base GT squeaky brake recall). Absolutely nothing else to talk about.

Have to keep in mind that cars these days are really good, not many of them need a lot of repair. So any repairs at all can make a car "much worse than average." It doesn't mean what it used to. My 85 Camaro and 88 Sable truly warranted that Much Worse Than Average label. I kept the Camaro about three years, and it was repaired more times than I can remember. We had the Sable four years, three transmissions, two radiators, a rebuilt rear suspension, a bad steering rack and more, all in less than 50,000 miles. And then Ford couldn't make it run right after an emissions recall, and they did a Lemon Law repurchase of it. Worked out OK.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Real world opinion counts, hence our 6G survey had overwhelming
love for their Mustang reliability, etc.

The Mustang owners who purchased lemons make up the consumer reports
If someone could be found I'd like to see a independent study done on the camaros reliability

Sponsored

BrianXIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The cooling seats are a joke. Ford never did get that right

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If someone could be found I'd like to see a independent study done on the camaros reliability
I'd be willing to bet it's similar to the Mustangs.

x550ciLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 6MT
My experience hasn't been the best. 2 Failed Throttle Body's and a shattered flywheel/clutch. Been stranded 4 times since I got it. Other that that its awesome lol...

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Consumer reports...
Pffft I can't remember exactly what they wrote about the 2008 Civic reliability but it was either avg or below avg which is an absolute joke.

Forums owners hardly ever complain or have any reliability issues and I've been a member since 2010.

130k miles so far no issues. brakes, oil, fluids, tires... that's it.

Many members have well over 200k miles with maybe a replaced clutch or synchro's have a known issue. that is it!

Mustang on the other hand. Different story.

Last edited:

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The cooling seats are a joke. Ford never did get that right
The cooled seats in my Mustang work great, and are better than our Hyundai cooled seats. Besides the body alignment issues and occasionally squealing brakes the car runs perfectly.

I believe the poor reliability relating is due to sync issues with the 2015 system, the squealing breaks on the EB/PP and GT, body panel alignment issues, driveshaft vibration, manual gear shift and recalls all add up.
Sponsored