Sponsored

Considering a PRO CHARGER HO Kit, good or bad decision?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread!
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Still waiting for you to come back with a shipping quote buddy on the OPG/Sprocket/Bolt kit, I did PM you my shipping address as requested.
sent

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
There is a write up on its way soon but here's a couple of pics of something a little different.
DSC_0539.jpg
DSC_0540.jpg

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
There is a write up on its way soon but here's a couple of pics of something a little different.
BE CAREFULL!

If you run your set up like that, you will want to move the MAF to the tube leading to the throttle body.
Cause otherwise when that wastegate and BOV open, it causes massive turbulence issues with the MAF in the intercooler.

We run the MAF in the intercooler for emissions reasons. It gives the smoothest signal vs. in a metal pipe.
(almost as smooth as stock in the airbox)

However, on the GT350 we had to move the MAF to the charge tube after the intercooler,
(because there was no space other than the intercooler to place the Bypass valve
(where you mounted your wastegate)...

Hope that helps a bit (if you haven't already moved the MAF)

:cheers::headbang::ford:

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BE CAREFULL!

If you run your set up like that, you will want to move the MAF to the tube leading to the throttle body.
Cause otherwise when that wastegate and BOV open, it causes massive turbulence issues with the MAF in the intercooler.

We run the MAF in the intercooler for emissions reasons. It gives the smoothest signal vs. in a metal pipe.

However, on the GT350 we had to move the MAF to the charge tube after the intercooler,
(because there was no space other than the intercooler to place the Bypass valve

Thanks a lot for reaching out. We already move the maf to the cold side pipe and replaced the stock maf with a Pro m maf. Now the car is running great a couple little things should be done tomorrow or Tuesday because of the holiday.:headbang::headbang:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
BE CAREFULL!

Thanks a lot for reaching out. We already move the maf to the cold side pipe and replaced the stock maf with a Pro m maf. Now the car is running great a couple little things should be done tomorrow or Tuesday because of the holiday.:headbang::headbang:

Dude, thats awesome. :)

:headbang:

KyBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GT PP
Hi there

First of all thank you for all the help everyone. I have pretty much decided on the following:

Stage 2 Pro Charger Kit so 8 rib with bigger intercooler with:
- D1SC head
- Helical quieter gears
- Standard bypass valve (can always try a noisy one later)
- ID1000 injectors
- VMP plug and play BAP
- Colder plugs
- MaK 4" inlet (when they release for Stage 2 kit)
- Stock 8psi pulley
- Tuned by Lund on the 350 intake manifold

Am hoping that will make me an easy 620-650WHP on relatively low boost and should I ever wish for more I can easily go more and also have the option of torque boost kits as well. :)
I was wondering if you would provide some of your reasoning for going in this direction. I have been reading this thread from the beginning and have similar requirements as you put forward in your early posts, a reliable power adder for a daily driver. I saw from other threads that you were also considering a turbo power adder, so what factors figured into your final decision to go Procharger? Thanks.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I was wondering if you would provide some of your reasoning for going in this direction. I have been reading this thread from the beginning and have similar requirements as you put forward in your early posts, a reliable power adder for a daily driver. I saw from other threads that you were also considering a turbo power adder, so what factors figured into your final decision to go Procharger? Thanks.
If i was a betting man, its probably because of prochargers ability to be installed with absolutely zero modification unlike any turbo kit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reason i got a procharger kit was because of price and direct bolt on. I was new to the FI world but i have learned a ton in the last year. If I could do it again I woluld go with a single turbo kit. The main reason is I like with a turbo it is very easy to turn it up if you want more. That's why I'm doing the wastegate setup with the smallest pulley the P1 can handle with an eboost2 so I can run anywhere from 1 to 20psi if wanted. I highly recommend anyone planning on doing a centrifugal supercharger go with a wastegate setup from the beginning it will save a little coin. And for all the people that say they only want 550 to 600whp tops don't even realize once you get a taste you always want more.
:cheers:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Cuz blower cars rule!:headbang:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If i was a betting man, its probably because of prochargers ability to be installed with absolutely zero modification unlike any turbo kit.
Just did an install the other day, taking photos and videos with my buddy (I'll post to my youtube someday when I am not lazy) and we did it in 7 hours... (8 if you count our break for lunch, and generally messing around) lol.

easy as pie, and joked around the whole time... such as "who stole the 10mm"

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
As long as the messing around was a sexy pillow fight. :lol:

Couldnt pass up the opportunity sorry
Hey, now maybe your onto a good marketing video there... :)
Sponsored