Sponsored

Compairing the 2015 EcoBoost to the 2010 GT

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
I agree with you about being impressed with the 2015. Ive always been more of a Camaro/Challenger guy. Until now.. The new 2015 design got me into my first Mustang that says alot right there.. and im not the only one like that out there. Cant tell you how many times in threads ive read people saying the same thing and jokingly how they came over to the dark side.. Ford hit the new Mustang out of the park i feel especially now having 2 true totally different performance plat forms to chose from Tubo EcoBoost and 5.0..
Same here...I reaaaaaaaaly wanted a gen 5 Camaro for a long time but never had the money at the time (or the "permission," but that is another story.) I grew up a Chevy guy of sorts thanks to my dad although I got into and am still into imports as well. Then I saw the Mustang concept at an auto show early last year and went :eyebulge:

And, here I am.
Sponsored

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
I miss my 2010. It is what i traded to get my 2015 eco. Too good of a deal to pass up on. If it was possible i would have both cars in my life. I mod the 10 with shorty headers, throttle body, cai, catback, pullies and a tune. Feels like my eco is just as quick as my 2010 was with all the mods. The design of the 2015 with premium 50 yr pack and perf pack just was to hard to resist. Like i said i would have both if it was feasible.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I've shared this before but will say a couple things since I currently have a 4.6 2007gt and theEB Premium PP. Stock for stock the 07 is faster. Not by much but it is. In all other areas the 2015 EB is a better car. I still love driving the 07 as it's different and fun but the bar has been raised. I think you can more economically get into the mid 12's with the newer car. Faster than that I don't know. At some point the displacement will catch up to technology. Especially when you start putting the same technology on it.
I don't know if I can confidently say it's faster even by a little bit. Reason being is that I was driving around last night and an 05 GT (I know you said 07 and the original post was 10 but the difference in HP/TQ over those years was small) pulled beside me and told my friend behind me that he wanted to do some runs. So we are at the line and he says "okay Mr. Ecoboost lets see what you got". Haha I asked what he had under the hood and he said it was all stock but it did sound like he had an exhaust at least. After two runs of completely destroying the guy he pulls beside me and says "okay so your Ecoboost is faster than my GT AND it sounds good!" And then said he had to go.
I beat him off the line and even at higher speeds kept pulling.

Now I know many variables are present here in this scenario just wanting to share what I personally experienced I can't speak for what he had in his car but I can for mine. Auto EB Prem NO PP, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back and MMR Intake running 93oct also it was about 35 degrees last night in San Antonio which is extremely cold for us. Lol

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Forgot to mention that in my original post
I am not tuned.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I don't know if I can confidently say it's faster even by a little bit. Reason being is that I was driving around last night and an 05 GT (I know you said 07 and the original post was 10 but the difference in HP/TQ over those years was small) pulled beside me and told my friend behind me that he wanted to do some runs. So we are at the line and he says "okay Mr. Ecoboost lets see what you got". Haha I asked what he had under the hood and he said it was all stock but it did sound like he had an exhaust at least. After two runs of completely destroying the guy he pulls beside me and says "okay so your Ecoboost is faster than my GT AND it sounds good!" And then said he had to go.

Now I know many variables are present here in this scenario just wanting to share what I personally experienced I can't speak for what he had in his car but I can for mine. Auto EB Prem NO PP, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back and MMR Intake running 93oct also it was about 35 degrees last night in San Antonio which is extremely cold for us. Lol
Nice!

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

How does the magnaflows sound? Can not find a clip on the competition catback

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)

Sponsored

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good, i am torn between the sport magnaflow and comp magnaflow. Might have to flip a coin on this one. Thanks again.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Im guessing your 07 really isnt faster or maybe it is as you said by a little but i think its probably more the feel of the different power delivery..
This thought had occurred to me. The 07' is down till I get the clutch swapped but I will run them side by side once it's back together. Might be a while as works kept me out of town constantly lately.

After two runs of completely destroying the guy he pulls beside me and says "okay so your Ecoboost is faster than my GT AND it sounds good!" And then said he had to go.

I don't doubt you but it's a 10 year old car. There's no telling what state of repair his car was in. Auto or manual? As you stated plenty of variables in play.
Sponsored