OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Comparing a brand new platform to a 5 year old platform is not fair.
5 years is really not that much older. Just seems older because technology ,refinement and engine advancement in cars seems to be accelerating lately.. its like from about 2009/10 and beyond the muscle car wars came back and the big 3 jumped on board full throttle especially in 2010 when the new camaro came out.. before all that the mustang had the 4.6 v8 in it for 14 years!! So i guess i just look at 5 years as being not that long ago especially when you consider alot of people keep these cars when they buy them. These cars were ment to buy make memories in them customise them and keep them.. I know and there are plenty of people that buy the latest and greatest as well. And thats fine. But in todays world soon as something new comes out in the car design people are running to trade in there car. Im guilty of it too.. im hoping i love my new 2015 so much that i keep it. And 10 years down the road if i need even more power to keep up well then ill put some bigger mods into it
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
5 years is really not that much older. Just seems older because technology ,refinement and engine advancement in cars seems to be accelerating lately.. its like from about 2009/10 and beyond the muscle car wars came back and the big 3 jumped on board full throttle especially in 2010 when the new camaro came out.. before all that the mustang had the 4.6 v8 in it for 14 years!! So i guess i just look at 5 years as being not that long ago especially when you consider alot of people keep these cars when they buy them. These cars were ment to buy make memories in them customise them and keep them.. I know and there are plenty of people that buy the latest and greatest as well. And thats fine. But in todays world soon as something new comes out in the car design people are running to trade in there car. Im guilty of it too.. im hoping i love my new 2015 so much that i keep it. And 10 years down the road if i need even more power to keep up well then ill put some bigger mods into it
The 2010 is on the S197 platform, the same as the 05. Technically it's a 10 year old platform.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I've shared this before but will say a couple things since I currently have a 4.6 2007gt and theEB Premium PP. Stock for stock the 07 is faster. Not by much but it is. In all other areas the 2015 EB is a better car. I still love driving the 07 as it's different and fun but the bar has been raised. I think you can more economically get into the mid 12's with the newer car. Faster than that I don't know. At some point the displacement will catch up to technology. Especially when you start putting the same technology on it.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
What are you talking about? The benchmark for Mustang performance came out in 2003.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
What was intriguing about the 2010 when it came out? It wasn't really trendsetting or groundbreaking, like it was said before the engine had been in the car for 14 years by that time. The interior was also pretty much unchanged from the 2005. If anything it was one of those "getting long in the tooth "years for the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
What was intriguing about the 2010 when it came out? It wasn't really trendsetting or groundbreaking, like it was said before the engine had been in the car for 14 years by that time. The interior was also pretty much unchanged from the 2005. If anything it was one of those "getting long in the tooth "years for the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 was quite different actually. It wasn't the same engine as the last 14 years. There was the 4.6L 2v engine, then the 4.6L 3v that was introduced in 2005. The 2010 utilized a modified 4.6L 3v (i believe the intake manifold and AIS changed). The 2010 had an updated interior, which is found in the 2011-2014 models. It had a redesigned exterior as well.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
The 10 might as well be from 1970 compared to the 15. The 15 all optioned out is on another level compared to previous gen mustangs. I've never been so impressed by an automobile in my life. At least not one that I could afford on my own.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've shared this before but will say a couple things since I currently have a 4.6 2007gt and theEB Premium PP. Stock for stock the 07 is faster. Not by much but it is. In all other areas the 2015 EB is a better car. I still love driving the 07 as it's different and fun but the bar has been raised. I think you can more economically get into the mid 12's with the newer car. Faster than that I don't know. At some point the displacement will catch up to technology. Especially when you start putting the same technology on it.
Honestly mid 12's is good power for a street car especially with a manual transmission plenty enough for fun. Thats all i really need. As far as going beond that still seems easier to do with the 2.3 turbo. Especially when bigger turbos come out and the tunes get more advanced and all the other mods come out and invest in some super light weight wheels. Sure you can throw a turbo system on the 4.6 but it wont be cheap and to me thats not sticking to the natural make up of that engine anymore. The 2.3 is already a factory turbo engine and was designed that way.
Im guessing your 07 really isnt faster or maybe it is as you said by a little but i think its probably more the feel of the different power delivery..

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Again, coming from a guy who hated mustangs, this car is excellent. I really hope it establishes it's identity outside of the GT, instead of being referred to an inferior version of the V8 car. Throw a different badge on it and I think you'd be seeing more people raving about it.

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 10 might as well be from 1970 compared to the 15. The 15 all optioned out is on another level compared to previous gen mustangs. I've never been so impressed by an automobile in my life. At least not one that I could afford on my own.
I agree with you about being impressed with the 2015. Ive always been more of a Camaro/Challenger guy. Until now.. The new 2015 design got me into my first Mustang that says alot right there.. and im not the only one like that out there. Cant tell you how many times in threads ive read people saying the same thing and jokingly how they came over to the dark side.. Ford hit the new Mustang out of the park i feel especially now having 2 true totally different performance plat forms to chose from Tubo EcoBoost and 5.0..

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, coming from a guy who hated mustangs, this car is excellent. I really hope it establishes it's identity outside of the GT, instead of being referred to an inferior version of the V8 car. Throw a different badge on it and I think you'd be seeing more people raving about it.
As ive said before many times i dont think its inferior to the 5.0 at all especially when you get into Tuning and moding. I look at it as the other performance option. Just a different spectrum. N/A or Turbo..

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
2010 was quite different actually. It wasn't the same engine as the last 14 years. There was the 4.6L 2v engine, then the 4.6L 3v that was introduced in 2005. The 2010 utilized a modified 4.6L 3v (i believe the intake manifold and AIS changed). The 2010 had an updated interior, which is found in the 2011-2014 models. It had a redesigned exterior as well.
Intake came our in 2009 which did away with the charge motion plates and went with a different butterfly setup; the air intake and stock tune was what gave it the slight bump in power. Concur with the interior/exterior changes.

Under the skin though it was still a 3v with either a 5r555 or a 3650, s197 chasis and the 8.8 live axle.
Sponsored