Sponsored

**Coming soon: Nitrous install on my FBO 2019 Bullitt**

Nitrofish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt 301a
Awesome write up just went through all the post as I kinda been thinking about an extra kick on the fbo e85 setup would be cool. I know you had some hiccups with the cats so that messed up your runs forsure other than that have there been any hiccups how are you liking the system overall?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Awesome write up just went through all the post as I kinda been thinking about an extra kick on the fbo e85 setup would be cool. I know you had some hiccups with the cats so that messed up your runs forsure other than that have there been any hiccups how are you liking the system overall?
Thanks! I love this system, especially with the ProMax controller. My sixties have been terrible and inconsistent though. I’ve come to the realization that getting a drag radial to hook up well on a manual tranny car at the track is extremely difficult. I think once I switch to a bias ply tire, the sixty and et will really drop. I went back to the track Thursday and made four more hits. Here are the cliff-notes from thst outing

1st pass was on the bottle, but the car bogged on the 3800 rpm launch.

- 2nd pass was my error. I took the car off of the factory launch control and switched to the WOT BOX, as I had preprogrammed the 2-Step to 5800 rpm. I looked at the nitrous pressure in the staging lanes and it was 966 psi. I pulled into the track and did a slight purge, but was focused on the staging beams and didn’t notice that the bottle pressure had jumped up to 1043 psi. This was the best launch of the night too, even tho the sixty-foot was only a 1.8. Needless to say, the nitrous didn’t spray because I had the controller set not to spray above 1000 psi (high limit) and below 800 psi (low limit).

- 3rd pass the factory computer started acting up and wouldn’t let me get into drag mode and I got the Suspension Fault Speed Limited To 80 MPH fault, so I coasted through the traps.

- 4th run was on nitrous, no burnout (because the factory computer was still acting goofy, so I unplugged the nanny plug under the hood, to disable traction control and advance traction modes). This also disabled line lock, so I couldn’t do a burnout (only a quick dry hop to the staging beams). 5800 rpm launch on the 2-Step and off I went. Timeslips are placed in the order of the runs.

IMG_4856.jpeg

Last edited:

Nitrofish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt 301a
@NGOT8R nice glad to hear your liking it and that’s good to see your improving every pass and don’t beat yourself up to much manual is tricky my s197 was manual and I felt that car was easier to launch compared to when I test drove a manual Mach 1 Mabye it’s the more power but I couldn’t do a decent launch after two tries on the test drive. Add in that your making 639 I think it was when I was watching your YouTube yea gonna be a task ha ha especially with the nitrous hit I think a bias
Ply tire would help you a lot absorb that shock instead of upsetting the car
Sponsored