Collision Detection ?

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
I’m looking into purchasing and installing the Roush front fascia for my 2016. It says it is not compatible with vehicles that have collision detection and adaptive cruise control. My window sticker says nothing about either. I don’t believe I have adaptive cruise. How do I know if I have collision detection? I mean without almost crashing? I had an alert once about a vehicle approaching from the side, is that cd?
Sponsored

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
I’m looking into purchasing and installing the Roush front fascia for my 2016. It says it is not compatible with vehicles that have collision detection and adaptive cruise control. My window sticker says nothing about either. I don’t believe I have adaptive cruise. How do I know if I have collision detection? I mean without almost crashing? I had an alert once about a vehicle approaching from the side, is that cd?
You don’t have collision alert. I don’t think it was even offered in 2016. It’s part of the safe and sound package. It’s bundled with adaptive cruise control and uses a camera behind the rear view mirror, plus a radar sensor in the grill. You’d also have a string of bright red LEDs that reflect on the lower windshield when you start the car or when it senses an impending collision. The feature you apparently do have is rear cross traffic alert.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
You don’t have collision alert. I don’t think it was even offered in 2016. It’s part of the safe and sound package. It’s bundled with adaptive cruise control and uses a camera behind the rear view mirror, plus a radar sensor in the grill. You’d also have a string of bright red LEDs that reflect on the lower windshield when you start the car or when it senses an impending collision. The feature you apparently do have is rear cross traffic alert.
Red LEDs? Kinda like KITT? Aw man! Thanks for the reply.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60