Gtfold00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Hi all,
I have a Corsa cold air intake pro5 for the 2017 ford mustang. Now I've tried to install the thing as per instructions however, I just can't seem to fit it with the snorkel on. Has anyone installed cold air intakes that attach to the snorkel? Any issues with them
Sponsored

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
About a week ago I installed a Velossatech snorkel on my 2016 GT with the Roush CAI (the version that comes with their 2.3 supercharger) and a RTR "grill delete". The snorkel slid very cleanly into the CAI and when I put the bumper back on the triangular intake section of the grill slid very cleanly into the snorkel. I need not need to resort to this, but Velossatech's instructions suggests using some liquid soap to lubricate the CAI to get the snorkel to more easily push up into it.

I read a post somewhere of someone having to trim the front end of the snorkel to get a fit between their CAI and the OEM grill.

I couldn't speak to installing the CAI with the snorkel already in place, if that is what you are trying to do.

One concern I have is that I got one opinion that these snorkels can create vortexes that can interrupt the flow of air into the manifold. ....we'll see

Hope this helps