Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium W. drop top
So I threw an engine code that said cylinder 8 had a misfire. I'm thinking it's the coil pack and I've moved it from cylinder 8 to cylinder 5. My question is this:

If my misfire moves to cylinder 5 and it's only one coil pack should I replace just the one? Or all 8? I'm getting advice from someone else who says I don't need all of them.

FYI - 2015 GT 108,000 miles and it's still going strong, can't feel any performance loss or hear any knocking or anything of the such. I don't track it but I push it pretty hard when I'm driving. Also have a lund tune with an N gauge, I run flex tune most of the time and occasionally E85r.

My thoughts are to replace all of them. My buddy says I only need one. But I defer to all the gear heads here that know way more than me..........
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Well that would depend n what type of person you are. Frugal or nervous.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Depends on your mileage. If high, then I'd replace them all... unless you enjoy running on 7 cylinders 7 more times. Ha ha. If you only have 5K miles, then it's probably just a defective one, and I'd only replace the offending one. Up to you.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Only one must be replaced but you may benefit from replacing all of them.
On my '12 Edge with 154k I had one go out and replaced just the one. Three months later another went bad. At that point I replaced the remaining 5. There was a noticeable improvement in overall performance. More power and ran a lot more smoothly.

OP
OP
Unleash-The-Beast

Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium W. drop top
Thanks all for the advice. .