Cobb Burnout Mode?

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
How in the hell do we engage this?? Lol. I updated the AP,.
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Watching the video they uploaded? Seriously though, there are a few steps so the video will explain everything.

Last edited:

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
OP
OP
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Works on an AT too??

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The video I linked was demonstrated on an AT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Mines not a premium. So I dont have the sport+ mode. All I can do is put it in Sport mode on the shiftee.

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines not a premium. So I dont have the sport+ mode. All I can do is put it in Sport mode on the shiftee.
This is not a problem at all. Simply click down on the paddle shifter or the shift lever +/- if equipped to put the car into a manual shifting mode. We only suggest being in track mode as it is typically used when drag racing after a burnout. The only mode it should not be in is "Drive" which will attempt to shift the car during a burnout due to the temporary manual mode that disengages after a few seconds.

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I guess my question is, what is burnout mode really doing?

Looking at the document, it looks like it is just keeping the RPMs in check during a burnout... something my right foot could do.

Does the AP have access to the ABS module? If so, maybe you guys can do something along the lines of what the TranZformer does for the Mopar LX platform. It uses the ABS module to keep pressure on the front brakes to do sweet sexy burnouts without unnecessary wear on the rear pads.

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess my question is, what is burnout mode really doing?

Looking at the document, it looks like it is just keeping the RPMs in check during a burnout... something my right foot could do.

Does the AP have access to the ABS module? If so, maybe you guys can do something along the lines of what the TranZformer does for the Mopar LX platform. It uses the ABS module to keep pressure on the front brakes to do sweet sexy burnouts without unnecessary wear on the rear pads.
That is correct. It is a prevention feature for those with a heavy right foot. It allows you to keep your right foot planted while concentrating on brake modulation, steering, etc... The ECU can listen to the ABS module but doesn't have direct control of the module itself. We're exploring module communication and authority but do not have any results to share at the moment.

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Sponsored