Sponsored

Cobb AP - OAR is now KOM

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I updated my Cobb AP before I loaded a new tune today. When I got in the car I noticed Octane Adjust Ratio (OAR) was no longer included in the six gauges I have set up. I tried to change it then looked to see if it was still one of the parameters that I monitor for data logs. It was gone from there too. I called Cobb to see what happened. The person I spoke to said there has been a change. It is now Knock Octane Modifier (KOM).
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Considering its knock that adjusts that number, makes sense, although I suspect we will all have the same problem you did in finding it again in the giant list of gauges you can add if you didnt read this!

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
mine didn't change after updated, still shows OAR on gauges..

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Yup same here. Shows OAR but nothing reads on the guage. Was this a recent update to show KOM?

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
My OAR gauge is working (after 6/11/19 update). I dont have a KOM option that i see.

Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
From Cobbtuning.com
ADDITIONAL FIRMWARE UPDATES
The only additional updates are specific to the 18-19 Mustang EcoBoost and Ford Raptors and concern the Octane Adjust Ratio (OAR) monitor. This monitor is a dynamic multiplier on timing based on fuel quality. Ford changed the monitor name to Knock Octane Modifier (KOM) with the 18+ model year ECU change. Our initial thought was to keep the OAR monitor for these vehicles. That is now being changed to KOM. It is important to note that KOM and OAR are the same thing and are the same address in memory. However, they are inverted from one another and with different labels applied. If OAR is -1, KOM is +1. For ’18 Mustang, we are using a factory pid for the OAR monitor; this factory pid takes the current KOM value and multiplies it by -1.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
So the 2018 mustang KOM value is not inverted to the OAR since its multipled by -1? So confusing
Sponsored