Sponsored

OAR - Octane Adjust Ratio without COBB

Virge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP Red Race
Hi,

how can I see the Octane Adjust Ratio without COBB Access Port?

I have an obdii scanner, are there any APP that measures the OAR parameters?

Thanks
Sponsored

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
Yes, I can monitor it in either ForScan or Torque for Android.

In Torque, you'll have to add it as a custom PID.

When you add it, set the min and max values to -1 and 1. You'll use header 2203e8. Name it whatever you like.

Here's the equation:
(Signed (A)*256+B)/-16384

With this configuration, values closer to +1 represent favorable fuel quality. This is how it appears in ForScan.

I've seen others use the equation with +16384 (-1 reading being favorable), but I wanted the measure to match between apps. Feel free to use whatever you want.

OP
OP
Virge

Virge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I can monitor it in either ForScan or Torque for Android.

In Torque, you'll have to add it as a custom PID.

When you add it, set the min and max values to -1 and 1. You'll use header 2203e8. Name it whatever you like.

Here's the equation:
(Signed (A)*256+B)/-16384

With this configuration, values closer to +1 represent favorable fuel quality. This is how it appears in ForScan.

I've seen others use the equation with +16384 (-1 reading being favorable), but I wanted the measure to match between apps. Feel free to use whatever you want.
I have iPhone, where can I find that parameter on Forscan? Torque doesn't exist on iPhone

OP
OP
Virge

Virge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok i have found Octadj_R_Learning but the parameters remains at 100%. what am I doing wrong?

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
I'm not sure if there are differences between the iOS and Android versions of ForScan, and I'm not sure if the EU car's spec is different from the US, but I'm pretty sure that 100% indicates that you're running high octane fuel. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I wouldn't expect it to deviate much if you fill up with the same fuel every time. If you fill up with a different grade each time you refuel, or if the fuel in your area is inconsistent in quality, it will deviate, but it should adjust fairly quickly.

What type of gas do you use when you fill up? I see you're in Italy, so I would think that if you're filling up with 98 or 96 RON, it would result in a high reading. I fill up with something roughly equivalent to 98 RON, and my car almost always reads 100% in ForScan. If I fill up with a lesser grade, for example an equivlent to 92 or 95 RON, I see the reading start to deviate within about 10 minutes of normal driving, assuming I fill up most of the tank.
Sponsored