Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
tune is about the only thing they could blame it on as an intake by itself can't cause a clutch to go bad but obviously with that particular intake you needed a tune.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I wouldn't take anyone's word on here about what they will or won't warranty. Don't take no from the dealer. He has to call the service rep and at 6400 miles they'd be very hard pressed to prove your mods caused the failure. Stand your ground and have them absolutely guarantee you what caused the failure.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Did the tune increase the power, throttle response and torque management? Oh it did?

There ya go. The warranty act isn't a get out of jail free card, and they have the proof they need..the tune.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Clutch has always been a wear item and not covered under warranty, regardless of mods. They wouldn't have covered it even if you were stock.
Yes I didn't indicate that in my post, however, with only 6400 miles I'd say something was definitely up(wrong) from the factory and they should fix it

futbol90x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2005 & 2015 mustang gt pp
Last week I hit 6400 miles on my way home from a 200+ mile trip. Was driving on the highway about 45 minutes from my home when the clutch just went out. I was not beating the car whatsoever. All I went to do was downshift from 6th to 5th before I came into a construction zone.
Ended up being able to get the car back into 6th gear and drive as far as I could before I had to come to a stop at an intersection, which is where ford towing picked me up.
The car was towed to Washington Ford in Washington PA, where the service guy told me that it would not be covered under warranty because I have modified the car.
The only mods I have are A JLT intake, SCT tune, and MBRP catback.
The service guy said "he doesn't know which one of my mods contributed to my clutch going out". Wtf is this guy talking about? he said since the driveline has been modified (which it has not) that ford isn't covering it.
I could understand if I had a supercharger or whatever or big ass tires, but I don't. I'm still rolling the stock 18s.
I told the guy about the Magnuson-Moss act, and he just shoed me away like he didn't want to hear it.

What is everyone else's view on my standpoint?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
What we're you quoted for replacement

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I like how everyone is ignoring the fact i pointed out the wear looks unusual. They'd rather argue about whats covered and what isnt.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's going to be up to the dealer and the rep in the end. Just because you have a tune does not automatically mean they will deny a warranty.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I like how everyone is ignoring the fact i pointed out the wear looks unusual. They'd rather argue about whats covered and what isnt.
Unusual as it was abused or unusual as it is a defective part?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That's what I was thinking as well...a clutch disk does not disintegrate unless it's a cheap chinese knock off or you hammered the shit out of it on a daily basis. So if you're being honest and those 6400 miles are indeed driven in a manner commensurate with the law, then you still have a leg to stand on.

Like I said, don't let people convince you "a tune? yeah you're paying" until all is said and done.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tell them you are going to go ahead and contact The Attorney General at 1-800-441- 2555. ... consumer issues, please website at www.attorneygeneral.gov. ... They do not usually want to get government departments involved. It is worth a shot.. I had a dealership try to hustle me on a repair job on a vehicle in TN.. I called the TN branch and told them who I was calling....within 48 hours the dealership called me saying it was "THEIR MISTAKE" and my car should be ready in a day or two... They also called me that evening to give me a update and apologize again... Make sure you ask them for the dealership owners name the service manager, and the pinhead tech that gave you the BS line about your car... First and last names on everyone... When you do that they know you mean business... It is clear in the picture that the disc exploded... You could probably buy a aftermarket clutch and have them install after you scare them good... Good luck.. FORD SHOULD NOT MAKE COMMERCIALS OF NEW MUSTANGS RACING, DRIFTING, AND BURNING THE TIRES.... IT HAS TRACK APPS AND A LINELOCK... IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL USE IT!!

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Unusual as it was abused or unusual as it is a defective part?
The jumping of the clutch engagement marks raise questions. I see no hot spots to point excessive abuse. If i could see the clutch rivets better it could help. With what little i see it looks like a defective clutch. I do see glazing on the pressure plate. Which i asked if he slips his clutch much. Yet i got no response

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
sorry man, should have kept your car stock for at least 20k miles. Tune voided warranty and they are not obligated to fix anything. Reason I am waiting for CAI and tune for this very reason, anything could go wrong in a year or two.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
sorry man, should have kept your car stock for at least 20k miles. Tune voided warranty and they are not obligated to fix anything. Reason I am waiting for CAI and tune for this very problem, anything could go wrong in a year or two.
just get a roush intake and worry about a tune down the road then and take the insert out

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
The jumping of the clutch engagement marks raise questions. I see no hot spots to point excessive abuse. If i could see the clutch rivets better it could help. With what little i see it looks like a defective clutch. I do see glazing on the pressure plate. Which i asked if he slips his clutch much. Yet i got no response
Thanks for the technical info. You have obviously seen your fair share of clutches

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thanks for the technical info. You have obviously seen your fair share of clutches
Yes sir. Ive helped a lot friends and enthusiast acquaintances over the past 30ish years replace clutchs and have had to give many pointers how to race their cars properly.
Sponsored