TitanV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all,

I have a 2020 GT with around 12k on the clock.
I noticed when I got it the clutch was super high (so only bites basically when you foot it totally off it)

Ford service did a 1 minute check and said it’s fine. But it does seem odd and hard to control smoothly.

Is this normal? Or has the previous owner burnt the clutch out?

I also notice at low RPM is 2nd or 3rd, if you then put you foot down there feels like there’s a bit of a jolt - which to me could be clutch slip. But I don’t know if this is normal for a Mustang?

Any advice would be great!
Ash
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
What mileage did you buy the car with ? i.e. are you just going on how the car feels now / new to you, or have you had time to notice a change ?

WD :like:

OP
OP

TitanV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What mileage did you buy the car with ? i.e. are you just going on how the car feels now / new to you, or have you had time to notice a change ?

WD :like:
Pretty much the same mileage. Done a few thousand on it. But noticed how high it was straight away. Considering age seems odd

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It's a hydraulically actuated clutch - it self adjusts so 'bite' point can't be used as an indication of clutch wear. Clutch wear would result in slip not a jolt.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
mine seemed high when i got it but now i dont notice so much as I tend not to drive other cars, i also dont own any other cars!
Sponsored