Sponsored

Clutch recommendations

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Let's hear them.

Since my car is up for a whole load of work in the very near future I figured I want rid of the horrible graunching noise the bearing has been making since 10K miles.

I know @anubis raved about his new one but can't remember which one it was.

Think I'll be throwing a lightened flywheel on as well since it's all in bits.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'll be fitting a mccleod RST once i bolt on some boost don't make the mistake of going to the RXT though as that'll destroy the factory box faster than you can blink.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We’re dealers for Spec so if there’s something from their very extensive range you like the look of just let us know and we’ll sort out a price.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Used Exedy single disk with great success on my 2005 (507RWHP) and 2013 (568RWHP). Had an RST twin disk in my 2005 for one summer. Wasn't impressed. Regardless of which way you go don't mix and match. If you use Exedy use their flywheel. If you use SPEC use their flywheel, etc.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
We’re dealers for Spec so if there’s something from their very extensive range you like the look of just let us know and we’ll sort out a price.
No recommendation?

I'm currently around 470bhp on a Lund tune and 305 Michelins on the back. Not planning to go boosted at all but may add headers and MY18 inlet manifold at a later date so maybe bump that up to a smidge over 500bhp.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Exedy Mach 500. use their light weight steel flywheel...a great compromise for street performance. Lighter than stock. Organic disk won't chatter. Get the kit with the hydro TO bearing included. Funny how years ago they referred to them as slave cylinders and now they are Hydro TO bearings which makes more sense.

Pedal feel will be similar to stock.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/exedy-clutch-kit-mustang-gt-2011-2017.html

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
No recommendation?

I'm currently around 470bhp on a Lund tune and 305 Michelins on the back. Not planning to go boosted at all but may add headers and MY18 inlet manifold at a later date so maybe bump that up to a smidge over 500bhp.
The last two clutches we went for the Spec Stage 2+ clutch with the optional Enhanced Hybrid compound which enhances both driveability
and wear life. It's rated for 705 lb/ft and a supercharged car is running around 510 lb/ft. It’s a single plate clutch so is quiet in operation and the feel is not heavy but it has a more pronounced bite point.

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mcleod, exedy and mantic are the only three i've seen touted around, the americans maybe able to give a better "Idea" of what's "better" as i only know of Anubis and Mac who changed their clutches (maybe more)

mtabers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Let's hear them.

Since my car is up for a whole load of work in the very near future I figured I want rid of the horrible graunching noise the bearing has been making since 10K miles.

I know @anubis raved about his new one but can't remember which one it was.

Think I'll be throwing a lightened flywheel on as well since it's all in bits.
Do you have a clip of what noise/bearing you are referring to? I am in the process of diagnosing and dropping the trans...looking at either Spec Stage 2+ Hybrid or Exedy Mach 600 for DD soon to be FI.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
one word. Mantic.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do you have a clip of what noise/bearing you are referring to? I am in the process of diagnosing and dropping the trans...looking at either Spec Stage 2+ Hybrid or Exedy Mach 600 for DD soon to be FI.

Nope. Just a VERY loud whirring kind of sound. Like somebody sat in your car telling you to shush. Like SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No other kind of mechanical noise i.e. graunching/grinding/knocking/rattling or anything.
Sponsored