Sponsored

Clutch questions

Mitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser; 2022 MT GT/CS DMG
Vehicle Showcase
Im looking at getting a 22 GT this week and test drove a few on Friday. Its been about 10 years since I have driven a MT and about 12 since I have been behind the wheel of a mustang. I test drove three, one had under 20 miles, one had about 50 and the other had 115. The one one with 115 had a noticeably softer clutch than the other two. Over all the all three cars felt amazing and more well put together than the mustangs I have owned in the past.

Does the clutch feel vary from car to car?
Is the light clutch feel of the one with 115 miles normal? Were the other two just not as broken in?
Just how far does the clutch pedal go? Sitting in the prone driving position it feels like the pedal just wants to keep going.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I can't speak to a car-to-car variation in clutch feel. However I did not notice any change in clutch feel or movement in my car as I put miles on it. I purchased it new and have about 3,000 miles on it now.

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
I got mine with 2 miles on the odometer, and now have 15k. I didn't notice the clutch pedal softening per se, but I feel there was a break in that has happened and the car now is a bit less stiff and creaky, and tighter overall.

I don't think it happened in the first 100 miles though, but mine had that many miles by the next evening so it's hard to say. I had to adjust to a new clutch pedal, going from my old 3 with 270k miles, the GT's actually have spring to 'em. Also getting used to the rev match, specifically when the engine is cold so idle rpms are higher.

I know what you about the pedal going on forever. I have to scoot my seat up to get leverage to get it to the bottom.
Sponsored