udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi all,

Yesterday while driving local and shifting from 4th to 5th, I felt some resistance in my clutch pedal. Ever since that happened, the clutch pedal no longer feels smooth like before, unless I press on it slowly. If I press on it quickly there is some tactile feedback halfway through, then feedback at the end when pedal is to the floor. Any idea what’s going on?

Car is at 800 miles now, completely stock. I never stomp on the clutch but I do step on it quickly when switching gears to minimize slipping at high rpms.
Sponsored

OP
OP

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Checked the brake fluid reservoir and it’s filled up to the bottom of the cap stem, above min. Will take a look under the dash after work to see if the spring is still there or if there’s anything funky going on.

OP
OP

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just checked and the spring is still there seated in the perch, nudged it with my fingers and there is no play at all. Maybe I’m imagining it but seems like the clutch pedal is getting firmer. Scheduled an appointment for this Monday at the dealership.

OP
OP

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Today the clutch pedal does feel a bit firmer than yesterday. I checked the clutch line at brake master cylinder and saw that it was loose as shown in this thread. I gently pushed the hose back onto the stem of the master cylinder. Afterwards my clutch felt a little better but the firmness came back before I could leave my neighborhood. I checked the hose again after lunch and it wasn't loose but the clutch still feels weird. Some presses feel normal like before (smooth and no feedback until fully depressed) but the majority of the presses feel off. Another thing I noticed was when I shift from second to third it seems to take a bit more force and feels quite a bit more notchy. Hope the dealer can figure out my issue on Monday.
Sponsored