Sponsored

Clunk noise

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
Hi everyone,

So ever since I got my 2016 GT in July of 2016 it makes a clunking noise when I go from park to drive or from drive to reverse. It also makes a clunk sometimes when I come to a stop but not all the time. I don’t know if it’s the transmission or driveshaft or something else but I don’t want to take it to ford cause they seem to make things worse.
Sponsored

MattZx10r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i just posted the same concern about an hour ago and they say its driveline lash and its completely normal. as long as its not getting worse i think we should be fine. my stang is new with only 600 miles and it was doing that when i drove off the lot

OP
OP

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
sounds loud sometimes lol. Other times quiet but damn sometimes I freak out cause well it’s a performance car that’s now tuned now they can say it’s my tune that caused it :(

Since you just got your car, I suggest to not tune it if you want to keep your sanity.

OP
OP

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
My bad about the grammar. I’m on my iPhone lol.

But I hope it’s the driveline lash

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Mine clunks a little if I sloppy shift. No worries.

Sponsored

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
Same issue here with a '16 GT automatic. Just get them to document in a service visit while under warranty in case it goes later you have some backing that issue existed and them claim lash.

I am since at 16K miles, 3 track days, clunk has not got worse so they are probably right!

speedstic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Prem Perf
Phew, I just got a new 2017 GT PP a couple of weeks back and i noticed the same thing.

Never had that happen in any of my other manual cars but none of them were near as powerful as this one.

I'm taking it into the dealership due to my driver side breaks squealing randomly and the handbrake handle is super wobbly when it isn't engaged, might as well have them check it out while it's there.
Sponsored