Sponsored

Clubs in Central Texas

WhiteWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
Are there any S550 clubs in Central Texas?
Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
I dont know of any Mustang only clubs. There is Hill Country Performance Car club. You can find them on facebook.

OP
OP
WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...and if not, could we get a headcount/car count on who would be interested?
We could definitely start one if we have enough folks interested in participating. We have a good number of folks in this area to have some nicely sized meetups and fun!

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
...and if not, could we get a headcount/car count on who would be interested?
We could definitely start one if we have enough folks interested in participating. We have a good number of folks in this area to have some nicely sized meetups and fun!
Gauging interest from the forum or Facebook is difficult. I recommend to just start having regular meets at a common time and place. Post here and on Facebook for maximum exposure. The group will grow naturally over time due to the regular cadence of the meetings. For example, a group of us in DFW started meeting on the third Saturday of each month after a Cars & Coffee event. We were only about five or six cars in the beginning, and now we have about 30 regular attendees with about 25 cars showing up each month. (I know, we're still not as popular as those Houston, Atlanta, or NorCal S550 groups...they have crazy high attendance!)

Since the CenTex threads seem to be more active lately, you may consider contacting one of the admins or moderators to create a separate sticky sub-forum for Austin/Central Texas (like the Houston and DFW pages). You could use that landing page to put on flyers or whatever to help grow attendance.

It's a freaking blast hanging out with other S550 owners each month, and many of us have become good friends. We've done some cruises in addition to the regular meets, and it's awesome to see 10-15 Mustangs in a line on the twisties. We did a cruise to the Hill Country in February that was a BLAST! It was so much fun, we're planning to make it an annual event. Maybe you guys can join us...hell San Antonio and Houston can join too, if they want. Should make for some amazing times.

Just some ideas. Good luck growing your group.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
This would be awesome I'm in south Texas near south padre island but I'd be down to go for a cruise.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
What part of central texas? It's a big place.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
[MENTION=16216]plc268[/MENTION] I'm thinking we use Austin as the hub but anyone who was willing to attend is welcome. Once we get going we could also find a centralized meeting location between everyone, or even move it from month to month north or south, east or west.

The best part is doing cruises, since central Texas is filled with beautiful winding back roads and places to stop along the way.

OP
OP
WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=16216]plc268[/MENTION] I'm thinking we use Austin as the hub but anyone who was willing to attend is welcome. Once we get going we could also find a centralized meeting location between everyone, or even move it from month to month north or south, east or west.

The best part is doing cruises, since central Texas is filled with beautiful winding back roads and places to stop along the way.
Sounds like a plan! I contacted one of the admins requesting if they could open a Central Texas/Austin sub-forum, or send me to the correct person. It would be nice for not only meetups, but other general topics as well.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red

Seems reasonable. I'm about an hour away as well.

venomsnake21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium with Track Package
Count me in! Just got my 2015 Competition Orange GT Premium with track pack!

OP
OP
WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)