Cleaning brake dust off painted calipers

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Anyone know how to do this properly? My painted calipers are not as bright as they were due to some brake dust. I dont want to spray pressure washer and some of the paint may chip. I'm not sure if brake dust wheel cleaner will also do the job as it may remove the paint. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Just use some wash soap/water and a small brush when cleaning the wheels. I do this every time I wash my car.

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
Regular soap/brush/elbow grease works fine as stated. I have used this Meguir's Hot Rims spray with much success. It really loosens the grime so that a quick pass with a brush or wash mitt gets it clean. I have used this product on a 2001 Toyota Avalon with clear coated rims for the past 15 years and they still look like new.

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G952...=8-1&keywords=meguires+hot+rims+wheel+cleaner

Be sure not to accidentally buy the Meguir's chrome wheel spray - it is very strong.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
A blast with a normal car wash pressure washer (or your home unit without using the narrow paint stripping death ray) will work just fine and won't harm the paint.
Sponsored