Sponsored

CJ Pony Bait/Switch and no Communication

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally received my Cervini Stalker hood 2 weeks ago. I ordered it from Lethal, and they were 100% upfront (and accurate) with lead times. Very happy with the hood and Lethal's communication.

Fast forward a whopping 3 days and it didn't take long to figure out I wanted the ram air duct to match. My engine and (more importantly) throttle body were being soaked by the open scoop. I'd heard in the past that Cervini does better with ordering through large suppliers, so I went looking through the big names. Prices were of course the same everywhere. CJPony CLAIMED they had them in stock in their warehouse.

I ordered the duct April 23rd, with the website showing immediate availability. SEVEN DAYS LATER I received an email saying the part was on backorder. SEVEN. DAYS. Now, of course, their website shows "usually available within 5-7 days." I called and stayed on hold for 20+ minutes and was never able to reach a representative to figure out when I could expect the part. Their online chat session showed "connected with a representative" and the person never responded. It just showed as "representative is typing" for 45 minutes with no change. We're now coming up on 2.5 weeks since my order with NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER from CJPony.

In the past I've had good experiences dealing with them, but after this ridiculousness I'm never ordering from them again. AM and Lethal will be getting my business from now on. If I haven't heard anything from them in the next week, I'm going to call my credit company and dispute the charge.
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Dang, all I been seeing is CJ Pony going downhill. I used to order a lot from them, but just like you, my go to is AM, Lethal, Hypermotive, and Team beefcake. That sucks man, I also notice their forum code will sometimes work or is non existence now. Good luck on the dispute and hope you get your money back from them.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Hey! First and foremost the team here at Lethal Performance would like to say thank you for the kind words, we strive to provide the best customer service possible. We appreciate your business and hope things work out for the best in this situation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us here if you need anything. #teamlethal

Blake

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly enough, Blake says he can ship it out tomorrow or early next week latest. Just placed ANOTHER order with Lethal. Now I just have to figure out how to get CJ to answer their phones so I can cancel my current order. :headbang:

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
As an FYI to everybody… I waited on hold for 45 minutes before I decided to take their call back option. Once I finally got the call back another 45 minutes later, the automated machine actually put me on hold again for another 15 minutes before I spoke with anybody. When I finally got through, I was able to cancel. I will just be ordering from lethal from now on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
For anybody that’s following:

@LethalBlake I got shipment notification this morning with delivery estimated tomorrow. Lethal from now on!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Have order through CJ, AM, Lethal, and Beefcake various things over the last couple years. I am now biased to @beefcake. Terry/Brandy goes above and beyond to get you what you need, and will literally pick up the phone and call you to let you know what's going on.

Good experience with Lethal and AM too, Just not outstanding like beefcake.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I only had a problem with CJ’s one time, and that was several years ago. They were also out of stock on a shift knob shown as “in stock”. I promptly called and cancelled when my order confirmation showed “on back order”. I think items sourced from overseas can make for delays. Thing is, I’ve bought a LOT of stuff from them since and not a single issue. Stuff happens. I’ve bought from many other online Mustang parts sellers and rarely have a problem. Sometimes a couple days later on shipping but nothing major.
Sponsored