Sponsored

Check engine light (CEL)- P21D5

Scar_50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
What’s up y’all. Happy Veteran’s Day!

Has anyone’s car thrown a CEL for a P21D5 permanent code before? What was your car’s symptoms and how was it fixed?

I need some help dialing in my car after installing an Odin supercharger kit from VMP on my 2018 S550 GT.

Details:
- CEL came on after receiving a tune revision from my Tuner. However, Tuner doesn’t see a reason why and states no visible issues in the data logging, trims etc ( LTFTs are a bit negative though ( -3 to -7 on both banks).
- Car is in the tuning phase of the build and has had a weird but consistent tendency to chop, dip in idle and occasionally stall over the course of all tunes and revisions from Wengerd Performance - even before any CEL or pending codes… but only after the Supercharger was installed.

-Every step we’ve taken, there was an update/ upgrade made to hopefully eliminate whatever issue we were seeing.

For example:
-Maf wash: Converted back to stock grill - problem fixed ( no CEL)
-Vacuum leak: smoke test, identified and closed leak- problem fixed ( no CEL)
-p2119- Replaced TB unit entirely- problem fixed ( no CEL)
- rough idle- replaced spark plugs and fuel injectors ( fic 1000cc): problem reduced but not fixed ( no CEL)
- p2017, 2022, p2008- unsolved ( no CEL)

Now, I have this p21D5 ( with steady CEL on) and I have no clue where to start….. I know it isn’t likely fuel related as the injectors were brand new and installed 2 weeks ago…

P2017 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High Bank 1
P2022 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High Bank 2
P21D5 Cylinder 7 Injector "B" Circuit/Open
P2008 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/Open Bank 1
Any advice would be awesome.

84A9352C-0881-46EE-B8BA-40F05ED094FE.jpeg

D57F27D4-1E8B-4E31-B178-F88E547AB04F.jpeg

B0E24BCC-00B9-4C8B-B49F-1671B22E8D28.jpeg
Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
In the case of the #7 injector circuit code, maybe the electrical plug isn't fully seated on the injector? Bear in mind that just because a part is new, it doesn't guarantee that it is good............

Edit to add: Looking at the codes you listed, they are all circuit related. Might be a good idea to take a careful look at the wiring harness and make sure every connector is secure and the wire harness isn't being pinched somewhere.

OP
OP
Scar_50

Scar_50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks Rod- this is helpful. I will double check the wiring and connections.
Sponsored