Sponsored

Chassis Bracing + Mix & Match Confusion

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello everyone. I've been riding around for a few months now on my Steeda Ultralite Linear springs and Steeda swaybars and they've made a lovely difference to the handling of the car but I've done nothing to address wheel hop and general chassis tightness which a lot of people say makes a big difference apart from what I already have. I'd like as much chassis bracing as possible as this car will see autocross & track. My question is: do I need to choose between one or the other when it comes to the following groups of parts because you can't use both at the same time? It's difficult for me to tell from pictures and video and I haven't seen someone else attempting this.

Rear Bracing:
BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit (CB005)
Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces

Front Bracing:
BMR 4-Point Front Subframe Chassis Brace (CB006)
Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace

Any pros/cons of each I should be aware of? Any alternate/additional chassis bracing I should be aware of? I don't yet have the Steeda strut tower brace but that is also on the to-do list. I've heard something about clearance issues with the Steeda G-Trac, which concerns me because my job has speed bumps in the parking lot and I already nick a part of my exhaust on them if I don't go VERY slowly over them (considering switching to Steeda Sport springs for this reason)

PS: I have a Performance Pack GT
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
the CB006 has way more engineering in it and is stronger than the Gtrac brace from Steeda. the CB005 I have on my v6 and is the best mod i have done thus far...by a MILE. I have owned all 4 of these parts (the CB006 didn't fit my v6 however) and would choose BMR every time. Steeda is great don't get me wrong, but for chassis bracing/suspension I would go BMR. Kelly at BMR should be able to help and explain any questions you have.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
The CB005 adds a little bit of NVH but nothing serious at all.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Rear Bracing:

Front Bracing:
For the Rear, the CB005 will not work with their support braces.

The CB005 and those braces are two completely different components and designed to perform in a different way. Our CB005 reduces cradle movement fore, after, laterally and vertically by a large margin. It also centers the cradle better than the OE mounting method, and it adds a very convenient jacking point. (I change out my rear wheels on both of my cars A LOT and I simply throw the jack under the car and jack it by the CB005 mounting arm - super easy and convenient)

What you can do if you like is, you could acquire both and discard our front CB005 arms. I have customers who do that. However, I am of the opinion that it is not really improving much by doing so. My philosophy is, the CB005 works so well that additional or other style components simply are not needed.

For the front, it is also a "pick one or the other" situation.

Our CB006 is very popular. We have seen 99% excellent feedback from the tremendous amount of these we have shipped, and they provide you with the stock ground clearance. We have had many customers swap to our CB006 from other products available on the market and they have given me rave reviews of it (CB006).

Whatever your choice, I think you will like the improvements the parts make. I personally think you cannot go wrong with either company - and feel you will be happy regardless.

Happy Modding, and Enjoy!

:cheers:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The parts will not work together really. It's either CB005 or Steeda support braces. The BMR CB005 is a one go solution for subframe bracing with minimal NVH.

The CB006 seems to be better engineered than the Steeda G Trac Brace and also the G Trac Brace can cause clearance issues on a lowered car. So that should be considered if your car is lowered.

Sponsored

OP
OP

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you very much for your testimony and explanations everyone. Especially [MENTION]BMRTech[/MENTION] for a thorough and very quick response. I'll probably be going BMR for these solutions as I am concerned with any more clearance buggery. I do welcome any more conversation and input so long as it doesn't become a whole Steeda vs. BMR hullaballoo as I've seen in other threads. :)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hello everyone. I've been riding around for a few months now on my Steeda Ultralite Linear springs and Steeda swaybars and they've made a lovely difference to the handling of the car but I've done nothing to address wheel hop and general chassis tightness which a lot of people say makes a big difference apart from what I already have. I'd like as much chassis bracing as possible as this car will see autocross & track. My question is: do I need to choose between one or the other when it comes to the following groups of parts because you can't use both at the same time? It's difficult for me to tell from pictures and video and I haven't seen someone else attempting this.

Rear Bracing:

Front Bracing:

Any pros/cons of each I should be aware of? Any alternate/additional chassis bracing I should be aware of? I don't yet have the Steeda strut tower brace but that is also on the to-do list. I've heard something about clearance issues with the Steeda G-Trac, which concerns me because my job has speed bumps in the parking lot and I already nick a part of my exhaust on them if I don't go VERY slowly over them (considering switching to Steeda Sport springs for this reason)

I would recommend our Ultralite two point brace G-Trac brace
which gives you amble ground clearance.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-ultralite-2-point-g-trac-brace-555-5533.html

For rear axle hop, these two products are very effective in reducing axle hop and drive line vibration.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

All the best,

Mike D

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thank you very much for your testimony and explanations everyone. Especially BMRTech for a thorough and very quick response. I'll probably be going BMR for these solutions as I am concerned with any more clearance buggery. I do welcome any more conversation and input so long as it doesn't become a whole Steeda vs. BMR hullaballoo as I've seen in other threads. :)
You are absolutely welcome [MENTION=19636]climbiterp[/MENTION]!

Thank you for considering our components, and if you ever need anything or have any questions for me do not hesitate to inquire!

Again, regardless of your choice, enjoy!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The CB006 seems like a great piece to add to my front suspension. It just looks like a beast frame brace. What's not to like when you look at it? I might install that one myself as it looks pretty easy.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
The CB006 seems like a great piece to add to my front suspension. It just looks like a beast frame brace. What's not to like when you look at it? I might install that one myself as it looks pretty easy.
Very easy!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Rear Bracing:

Front Bracing:

We are currently having our Holiday Sale & you can get some great savings. Since you already have some of the Steeda components on your car ... it is natural to stick with the same manufacturer as the parts are made to compliment each other.

The Steeda Team is happy to help ... we have a tremendous support staff to help answer any questions.

Have a great evening.

Best Regards,

TJ

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Check out my build thread (ended up going Steeda). PM me if you have any questions. I'm not going to feed the seagulls tonight. First of all, be happy that you have Steeda and BMR for Mustangs... other makes/model cars have so much crap it kills me. I'm very happy with the route I took and have used myself and/or installed and driven vehicles with the BMR parts being discussed as well.
Sponsored